Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Gulf of Mexico

Hound Dog

Sep 12, 2009, 6:17 PM

Post #1 of 6 (5622 views)

Shortcut

Magical Veracruz

Can't Post | Private Reply
Most people don´t realize this but Veracruz State is one of the most beautiful regions of Mexico and I am not speaking of the Gulf of Mexico here. If one simply drives down the cuota from the flatlands south of Cordoba to Chiapas or Tabasco then one is missing one of the most spectacularly beautiful environments in Mexico. The entrance to the state from Puebla State descending the plateau into Orizaba is incredibly scenic but anyone driving that route knows that.

Try this:

*At Orizaba, get off of the toll road and drive through Cordoba on the free road. You will only add about 30 minutes to your journey but you will add immensely to your life´s experience. Talk about a beautiful drive and do not miss a side trip through the wonderful gardens of Fortin de Las Flores.
*Leave the toll road and drive through the Tuxtlas and by Lake Catemaco and you will be amazed at the verdant countryside you will pass while adding only an hour or so to your drive time to Southern Mexico. Stop for lunch at Catemaco and enjoy a cold beer with your lunch at lakeside.

There is much more to see in this beautiful state but I have run out of time for now. More later.

(This post was edited by Hound Dog on Sep 12, 2009, 6:22 PM)

tepetapan

Sep 13, 2009, 6:06 AM

Post #2 of 6 (5589 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Hound Dog] Magical Veracruz

Si Señor Hound Dog! Veracruz state is beautiful year round. Lush, tropical and laid back, been here over 8 years and still find it amazing.
Catemaco and the Los Tuxtlas area is steadly becoming a "must see" with people from NOB. Great weather, good food and friendly people... what more can you ask for???

Bethie

Sep 15, 2009, 4:10 AM

Post #3 of 6 (5546 views)

Shortcut

I will be going to veracruz in october. flying into tampico then driving to Panuco. Hubby is staying there helping his mom. I would enjoy hearing anything else about Veracruz from you or anyone else. It does look like a beautiful state from the pictures I have seen. I am only worried about the heat, but i hope that in October it will be in the low 80's. Monterrey heat about killed me.
thanks for the info in veracruz!

Hound Dog

Sep 15, 2009, 10:00 AM

Post #4 of 6 (5523 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Bethie] Magical Veracruz

Bethie:

I sent you a response but apparently made a posting error. Gotta go. More later.

"El Gringo Jalapeño"

Sep 16, 2009, 11:14 AM

Post #5 of 6 (5471 views)

Shortcut

¡Mi estimado Sabhueso! Fortunately Xalapa has been my home for the past 37 years and I love living here. The 16 de septiembre parade just finished and we are waiting for the afternoon heavy rain we have had for over a week now. Talk about green! This has been the wettest year in 10 years, but seeing how so many places are having a drought, we are very thankful for the water.
Take a look at a fellow bicyclest blog for lots of pictures and comentaries about his biking adventure through the state of Veracruz(en español solamente) www.veracruzenbicicleta.ning.com He will be finishing November 15 here in Xalapa. Enjoy!
¡Pedaleando por una Xalapa y un mundo mejor!
Roy B. Dudley "El Gringo Jalapeño" See more about Xalapa at www.xalaparoy.com

raferguson

Sep 16, 2009, 2:51 PM

Post #6 of 6 (5453 views)

Shortcut

Beautiful, and the people are nice. Veracruz city is fun and worth a visit, the countryside is beautiful. I know that I have seen only a few corners of the large state, but what I have seen I like.

Richard

http://www.fergusonsculpture.com

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4