Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Pacific Region

Georgia

Sep 9, 2009, 7:50 AM

Post #1 of 6 (3380 views)

Shortcut

Letibu - Higuera Blanca

Can't Post | Private Reply
Does anyone know anything about this development? It's about 30 minutes north of PV.

RickS

Sep 9, 2009, 8:29 AM

Post #2 of 6 (3372 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Georgia] Letibu - Higuera Blanca

Google "Litibu - Higuera Blanca" notice spelling.

Georgia

Sep 9, 2009, 11:19 AM

Post #3 of 6 (3345 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RickS] Letibu - Higuera Blanca

I've done that, Rick. The spelling error was just in this posting. I am wondering if anyone in the area has any personal experience, heard stuff, read stuff in local papers about the development.

Camille

Sep 9, 2009, 12:42 PM

Post #4 of 6 (3338 views)

Shortcut

Georgia, try Googling "La Tranquila Litibu" ..... construction seems to be on hold for the last few months, but there are workers on both golf courses. It's an enormous development which will really change this area once it opens. The highway it's on wasn't even paved til about four years ago.....

Georgia

Sep 9, 2009, 5:54 PM

Post #5 of 6 (3316 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Camille] Letibu - Higuera Blanca

I have read good things about it (Fonatur) and bad things about it (Greenpeace). What is the local dish (dirt, chismes, whatever) on this development? What do the locals say?

Camille

Sep 9, 2009, 6:10 PM

Post #6 of 6 (3310 views)

Shortcut

Well, we all find it very.... large. There's a real history here of true locals being disposessed of their land. About thirteen years ago the Four Seasons bought the town of Punta Mita and relocated the locals to El Anclote, a mile or so south. Now the condos on the beachfront are taking over and we keep hearing rumors that there's another relocation in the future. When I first fell in love with Punta Mita thiry years ago there were a few palapas and some fish on a stick, and that's about it, except, of course, for a stunning beach, eclipsed only by Punta Negra, just around the punta, which is where La Tranquila is. We haven't had rain in a week, and the water is so clear it's hard to believe.....
But unless you tolerate heat very well, wait a couple of months to visit.... it will be absolute Paradise then!

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4