Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

Honeysuckle

Aug 25, 2009, 4:53 PM

Post #1 of 14 (6669 views)

Shortcut

Moving Scam - "Lowball Quote"

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hello everyone,

I have been reading this board, and another, for several months. I will be moving down in late September. I want to thank many of you for the great advice about moving scams. I am referring to the “lowball quote”. I’ve searched the internet in it seems to be the major moving scam. I received three quotes as suggested on the websites. One quote was for $2,350 less than the others. This was for the same service. Exactly the same. I knew that if I took the bait that at the end when “my lifetime in a truck” arrived I would owe God knows what. If its too good to be true, it probably is.

I have decided on a local moving company in Chapala that was recommended by my real estate agent. They have an excellent reputation with many letters of recommendation on their website. I was able to contact two former customers by email.

Again, thank you very much.

Please go to this site: http://www.moving.net/common-moving-scams/

Axixic

Aug 25, 2009, 5:26 PM

Post #2 of 14 (6660 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Honeysuckle] Moving Scam - "Lowball Quote"

Does your Real Estate agent work for Coldwell Banker?

Jean_S

Aug 26, 2009, 12:45 PM

Post #3 of 14 (6603 views)

Shortcut

Re: [PamelaDelafield] Moving Scam - "Lowball Quote"

No kidding Pamela. Exact same post as somewhere else. Maybe she works for this company :)

tonyburton

Aug 26, 2009, 1:14 PM

Post #4 of 14 (6602 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Jean_S] Moving Scam - "Lowball Quote"

The original post was deleted by accident when an entire thread was deleted, so the poster was invited to repost her original post. Please keep posts on topic, Thanks, Tony

Honeysuckle

Aug 26, 2009, 3:27 PM

Post #5 of 14 (6585 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tonyburton] Moving Scam - "Lowball Quote"

Thanks Mr. Burton,

The same thing happened on another web board where I was told I could repost.

My purpose was to inform. It makes no difference who my real estate agent works for. And why would anyone connect me with working for Coldwell Banker? Or perhaps you think that I work for the company with the website that has the information about scams. What a suspicious lot. I am an accountant who worked with my husbands firm for twenty five years in Denver. I am now in New York where one of my daughters just gave birth to my third grandchild.

If you care to make moving blunders, be my guest!

For those who don’t you may also check these sites:

http://www.kvbc.com/Global/story.asp?S=1511355

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/moving-scam-c135733.html

And no, I don’t work for these companies.

And that is my picture, where’s yours ladies?

Axixic

Aug 26, 2009, 4:38 PM

Post #6 of 14 (6565 views)

Shortcut

It was a joke. I do remember your post about TOB, the other board. I didn't mean to touch a nerve.

I posted my picture. It was taken after I had excellent Mexican dental work. An improvement I think.

I don't need a moving service. I've lived here for four years.

(This post was edited by PamelaDelafield on Aug 26, 2009, 4:47 PM)

cristalhombre

Aug 26, 2009, 5:33 PM

Post #7 of 14 (6546 views)

Shortcut

Pam...... Awesome Dolly Parton style "dental implants".

You should audition for a Coen Brothers film - those boyz seem to like "dentes grande" with their lead characters.

thanks for the laugh.

"NOT ALL WHO WANDER ARE LOST...."

Honeysuckle

Aug 26, 2009, 6:06 PM

Post #8 of 14 (6537 views)

Shortcut

That is just TOO FUNNY! Jajajajajajajaja

I can take a joke!

Jean_S

Aug 27, 2009, 4:51 AM

Post #9 of 14 (6506 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To

And that is my picture, where’s yours ladies?

I didn't realize there was a rule that we had to post our personal photo. I prefer not to for security reasons.

prmjcm

Aug 27, 2009, 9:40 AM

Post #10 of 14 (6475 views)

Shortcut

Honeysuckle, thanks for the information on moving companies, I am sure it will help some people who need this information, sometimes I think it is best to just ignore some of the comments made, they seem to go away faster this way, again this kind of information is important to a lot of people, keep up the good work.

Pat Moore in San Pancho, GTO

Gringal

Aug 27, 2009, 10:16 AM

Post #11 of 14 (6464 views)

Shortcut

Those who like to post lots of personal information, including pictures, on the www are entitled to do so. It does make it more interesting to see the faces that go with the posts. Once in a while, though, somebody will get a miniwar going with another poster, get their hands on an unflattering picture and post it. This, IMO, is mean spirited since we all have our on-camera moments that would best be delected a-borning. Personally, I like to maintain anonymity on the web. Besides, I'm ugly.

BTW, that's not Pam's picture.

Nice picture, Honeysuckle. Hope your move is as smooth as the lake on a calm day.

cindyblu

Aug 27, 2009, 12:39 PM

Post #12 of 14 (6437 views)

Shortcut

Honeysuckle, I like your hair. It's very striking.

Axixic

Aug 27, 2009, 1:37 PM

Post #13 of 14 (6426 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gringal] Moving Scam - "Lowball Quote"

Hey Gringal, I was going to ask them why they were laughing at my picture and you blew the whole deal. I could of had some real guilt going and tons of apologies.

I wonder who you are describing when you say that someone can get hold of a bad picture and torment people with it? Anyone I know?

Yes ladies, always make sure you are camera ready so you don't get humiliated later.

Gringal

Aug 27, 2009, 2:20 PM

Post #14 of 14 (6419 views)

Shortcut

Well, dang........sorry to spoil the fun. Who do I think would do such a dirty trick? Can't even imagine. ROFL.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4