Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum

Chris

Aug 1, 2002, 9:53 PM

Post #1 of 5 (4879 views)

Shortcut

Medical Insurance

Can't Post |
My husband and I are considering retiring to the Lake Chapala area. In addition we are considering trying to talk my parents in joining us there. We are both in reasonably good health, but my parents are not. In my research I was informed that private medical insurance can be purchased for about $475 a year per couple. Reading the threads here has made me think that erroneous. What would it cost for two 50 somethings and two golden agers?

Lucy

Aug 2, 2002, 1:58 PM

Post #2 of 5 (4873 views)

Shortcut

Medical Insurance

Can't Post |
It is best to check with the Lake Chapala society but you are right. Depending on your age, you should be able to purchase private insurance for about $1,100 per year each. Since you are both healthe and medical care is reasonable, you may consider purchasing the government's insurance for a lot less and it covers a lot more. you can check on it when you visit or contact the Society for e mail addressees and phone numbers.<p>: My husband and I are considering retiring to the Lake Chapala area. In addition we are considering trying to talk my parents in joining us there. We are both in reasonably good health, but my parents are not. In my research I was informed that private medical insurance can be purchased for about $475 a year per couple. Reading the threads here has made me think that erroneous. What would it cost for two 50 somethings and two golden agers?<p>

Scott

Aug 2, 2002, 3:09 PM

Post #3 of 5 (4874 views)

Shortcut

Medical Insurance

Can't Post |
: It is best to check with the Lake Chapala society but you are right. Depending on your age, you should be able to purchase private insurance for about $1,100 per year each. Since you are both healthe and medical care is reasonable, you may consider purchasing the government's insurance for a lot less and it covers a lot more. you can check on it when you visit or contact the Society for e mail addressees and phone numbers.<p><p>How do you find more information regarding Government offered medical insurance?<p>: : My husband and I are considering retiring to the Lake Chapala area. In addition we are considering trying to talk my parents in joining us there. We are both in reasonably good health, but my parents are not. In my research I was informed that private medical insurance can be purchased for about $475 a year per couple. Reading the threads here has made me think that erroneous. What would it cost for two 50 somethings and two golden agers?<p>

Chris

Aug 2, 2002, 4:38 PM

Post #4 of 5 (4869 views)

Shortcut

Medical Insurance

Can't Post |
: My husband and I are considering retiring to the Lake Chapala area. In addition we are considering trying to talk my parents in joining us there. We are both in reasonably good health, but my parents are not. In my research I was informed that private medical insurance can be purchased for about $475 a year per couple. Reading the threads here has made me think that erroneous. What would it cost for two 50 somethings and two golden agers?<p>Thanks for your help Lucy, I will certainly get in contact with the Society. The Lake Chapala area intrigues me to no end. It sounds like a very pleasant place to live.

Lucy

Aug 3, 2002, 5:55 AM

Post #5 of 5 (4873 views)

Shortcut

Medical Insurance/ information

Can't Post |
Information on Mexican health insrance can be found on this web site. Take a look. You should be able to get all the info you need. Most Gringos do not use it for day to day doc visits or the dentist. Rates are reasonable. It is used more for emergency and as a back up. <p>
: : It is best to check with the Lake Chapala society but you are right. Depending on your age, you should be able to purchase private insurance for about $1,100 per year each. Since you are both healthe and medical care is reasonable, you may consider purchasing the government's insurance for a lot less and it covers a lot more. you can check on it when you visit or contact the Society for e mail addressees and phone numbers.<p>
: How do you find more information regarding Government offered medical insurance?<p>: : : My husband and I are considering retiring to the Lake Chapala area. In addition we are considering trying to talk my parents in joining us there. We are both in reasonably good health, but my parents are not. In my research I was informed that private medical insurance can be purchased for about $475 a year per couple. Reading the threads here has made me think that erroneous. What would it cost for two 50 somethings and two golden agers?<p>

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4