Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum

Linda

Aug 5, 2002, 7:32 PM

Post #1 of 4 (3421 views)

Shortcut

IMSS

Can't Post |
Could someone that has had personal experience or knows someone that did with IMSS. Is it adaquate? what are some of the pro and cons? personal insurance is just way to high. I would appreciate any input. Thank You<p>Linda

Linda

Aug 5, 2002, 9:03 PM

Post #2 of 4 (3416 views)

Shortcut

IMSS

Can't Post |
: Could someone that has had personal experience or knows someone that did with IMSS. Is it adaquate? what are some of the pro and cons? personal insurance is just way to high. I would appreciate any input. Thank You<p>: Linda<p>I think I just found a really good source here on this site for all the info I need. alto any other input would still be appreciated. This is a great site. I've learned a lot from it, and made email friends from Ajijic here.
Thanks Linda

Rick in Maz

Aug 6, 2002, 3:55 PM

Post #3 of 4 (3418 views)

Shortcut

IMSS

Can't Post |
I've been in the IMSS system for about three years. I encourage people to buy the most medical coverage they can for their budget. In my case, my budget will only allow IMSS. It isn't perfect, but I think it is well worth the annual fee. In fact, rates were changed this year. It might be a little more expensive for couples who are in their 60's, but in my case, a single in my 50's, I saved almost 2,000 pesos from the previous year. This year's fee was about 1600 pesos for a full year of coverage. If I paid out-of-pocket for my blood pressure medicine, I would easily pay more than this during the year.<p>I wrote an article about my experiences with IMSS at http://www.mazinfo.com/infofiles/imss.htm. <p>I would highly recommend it for anyone who speaks Spanish and would be less ambitious to recommend it to english-only speakers. Altho' there are a few staff members who speak some English, at least in Mazatlan, Spanish is a tremendous asset. <p>Regards, Rick

sylvia herrera

Oct 1, 2002, 8:30 PM

Post #4 of 4 (3415 views)

Shortcut

IMSS

Can't Post |
HELLOW, I WILL LIKE TO KNOW IF ANY BODY KNOW HOW CAN I GET IMFORMATION ON A IMSS MEMBER BY THE MEDICAL RECOR. IF ANY BODY KNOW PLEAE LET ME KNOW HOW TO ACCESS THAT IMFORMATION.<p>
THANK YOU.
SYLVIA H.<p>P.S. CAN ANY BODY IN MERIDA YUCATAN I-MAIL ME
IN HOW TO OBTAINED TX.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4