Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Pacific Region

Camille

Jul 8, 2009, 4:45 PM

Post #1 of 4 (2882 views)

Shortcut

Liverpool's gourmet department

Can't Post | Private Reply
Anyone know if the PV Liverpool has a gourmet department? I see on the kitchen forum that curry paste, among other delectables, might be available there.....

sioux4noff

Jul 8, 2009, 9:32 PM

Post #2 of 4 (2847 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Camille] Liverpool's gourmet department

I wish I had read this earlier, we just came home from the Liverpool mall. Gourmets that we are, we ate at Sirloin Stockade.

Papirex

Jul 8, 2009, 10:18 PM

Post #3 of 4 (2838 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Camille] Liverpool's gourmet department

I'm not sure about PV, but we do have a gourmet food section in the Liverpool here in Cuernavaca and I had assumed that there is probably one in every Liverpool. I'm not sure of the correct name, we have always called it the imported food section. They usually have a good selection of imported wines, spices, sauces, and other imported food specialties.

Be warned, that like many stores here, they may not have all things in stock at all times. If you don't find what you want on the day you are there, come back in a couple of weeks and you may find it. If you ask a clerk if they usually carry whatever you are looking for, they will almost always tell you that they do. Don't believe them unless you have seen that item on their shelves before.

My wife and suegra shop at Liverpool at least twice per month. Their shopping trips there always include a walk through the imported foods section as my wife is a diabetic, and there are some things that Liverpool is most likely to have that she buys regularly.

Our local Liverpool also has a restaurant and delicatessen. The restaurant is not fancy, but the food there is excellent. We can order in advance, and the deli will cook to order, and we can pick it up on the day specified. Sometimes, if we are having a lot of guests on a Holiday we will order Holiday dinners with all the fixins, pies, etc. If we order far enough in advance, we have even been able to order roast stuffed turkey dinners. Be prepared, it is not cheap, but worth it. Be prepared to speak Spanish if you order anything from their deli.

Rex
"The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved" - Victor Hugo

Camille

Jul 9, 2009, 10:05 PM

Post #4 of 4 (2783 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Papirex] Liverpool's gourmet department

I had to go to PV today anyway, so I checked it out, and found it not worth the effort. Nothing available there you couldn't find at WalMart, I'm sorry to say. I understand the Cancun Liverpool has a huge selection of imported foods, and apparently Guad too, but the most exotic offerring I encountered was Jif peanut butter, creamy, of course, not crunchy.
If you haven't yet been to Fruit Forest, it's really worth a go! On the inland side of the carretera at Jarretadaras, open til about 2pm, wholesale and retail. BIG coolers with mostly superb produce... I actually bought fresh fennel with bulb!
And Mr. Lucky, on the road to the Central Camionera, has many organic products, celery hearts, sweet corn and yes I do mean real sweet corn! sometimes beautiful shallots, closes early.
I know this is all about food, but it's food HERE, totally different from food elsewhere in Mexico!

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4