Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Home, Garden & Construction in Mexico

Jim

Nov 20, 2001, 4:45 PM

Post #1 of 3 (4453 views)

Shortcut

auto permits

Can't Post |
Is it necessary to turn in my auto premits everytime I cross into the U.S. I have an FM3

Dutch

Nov 21, 2001, 12:01 PM

Post #2 of 3 (4449 views)

Shortcut

auto permits

Can't Post |
: Is it necessary to turn in my auto premits everytime I cross into the U.S. I have an FM3<p>Since your auto permit is good as long as your FM3 is valid, one would think it would not be necessary. If you entered Mexico with a Tourist visa (FMT), it may be a good idea to stop the next time you cross the border and ask the authorities if you need to change the auto sticker to reflect your new status. We brought our car down on an FMT, obtained our FM3, but left the car in Mexico for use as we subsequently travel back and forth via air rather than drive. We did, however, go to the Guadalajara airport and obtain a letter from the immigration people there that officially recognizes our FM3 status, authorizes importation of the vehicle, and our right to operate it in Mexico. It is a single page form from the "Administrador de la Aduana de Guadalajara" and is identified as a "Correo Certificado", and lists our FM3, USA license plate, VIN, and car permit("No. de holograma") numbers, as well a the "Aduana de entrada en el pais"(Mexican city of entry, in this case, Nogales). Hope this helps.

Marvin Kemel

Nov 22, 2001, 10:03 AM

Post #3 of 3 (4448 views)

Shortcut

auto permits

Can't Post |
Although Dutch is correct in saying that your car papers are good as long as your fm3 is valid, you might still encounter problems. Your car papers are issued by the Hacienda NOT immigration. You could have papers signed by Fox, but if they are not issued by the Hacienda they mean nothing. For instance: Some of the adueneros @ Nogales insist that even though you have an FM3 you must get new car papers whenever you re-enter the country. People in our community have even produced a copy of the "ley" that applies to this situation,but to no avail. I would never advise you to ask for clarification @ km21.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4