Forums  > Areas > North Pacific Region

ZSThomp

Jun 14, 2009, 4:31 PM

Post #1 of 6 (5717 views)

Shortcut

In mexico!!

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hello all,

I've moved to Mexico with six plastic boxes full of clothes, books, and nick-nacks. I'm living across the street from my partner's mother's house in Colonia Obrera 2nda Seccion. We are staying in a fully furnished two story house with an enclosed garage area for the car for $125 for two weeks until we move to Playas.
We've been here since Thursday. I am starting to work this week in San Diego. The job is per diem which means I'm booked to work at night on certain days, but they call like 1.5 to 2 hours before my shift to tell me if I'm confirmed or not. That presents a major problem regarding crossing the border...I will have to just have to always believe I'll be confirmed and get in the line to cross so as not to be late.
I did go to San Diego on Fri and didn't have trouble crossing without a passport. Hopefully it'll continue that way until I get the passport.
Anyway, so far it's a very unique experience that is unforgetable. Hopefully I will get to meet some of y'all sometime.

Zman

Marlene / Moderator

Jun 14, 2009, 10:34 PM

Post #2 of 6 (5674 views)

Shortcut

Re: [ZSThomp] In mexico!!

Welcome! I hope everything goes well for you as you settle in and begin your new routine.

BajaGringo

Jun 15, 2009, 12:34 PM

Post #3 of 6 (5637 views)

Shortcut

Re: [ZSThomp] In mexico!!

Get a SENTRI pass...

Our House Building Project in Mexico...
Lomas de San Martin
Loving Life on the Baja Peninsula

Brian

Jun 15, 2009, 1:00 PM

Post #4 of 6 (5631 views)

Shortcut

Re: [BajaGringo] In mexico!!

While waiting for your Sentri application to be processed, you should listen to TJ radio. They frequently give updates for border wait times including information which will help you decide which lanes to use and, more importantly, NOT use. You will catch on quickly. First piece of advice: Turn your side mirrors inward when approaching the garita. As it is, within a short period of time, your car will become "tijuaneado"...and that isn't good :-)

Brian

(This post was edited by Brian on Jun 15, 2009, 1:03 PM)

ZSThomp

Jun 16, 2009, 6:22 PM

Post #5 of 6 (5575 views)

Shortcut

Sentri

I will definitely go for the sentri pass. Are the sentri lanes the lanes on the very right? I've already crossed two times to prepare myself and it looks like initially people with sentri have to wait like everyone else until they get much closer to the garita no?

Zach

Brian

Jun 16, 2009, 6:51 PM

Post #6 of 6 (5569 views)

Shortcut

Re: [ZSThomp] Sentri

Mas vale un video que mil palabras :-) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxPKl8nP_38

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4