Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Home, Garden & Construction in Mexico

Carrie

Jan 25, 2002, 1:19 PM

Post #1 of 3 (3561 views)

Shortcut

saltillo tiles

Can't Post |
I live in southern, Gulf coastal Florida. Am I going to make a mistake by laying saltillo tiles on my outdoor lanai floor? I like the way they look but will they break and/or shed their sealer? I don't want a problem on my hands. If you have experience with the tiles, please tell me about it. Thnx.

Carl A. Carlson

Jan 25, 2002, 2:53 PM

Post #2 of 3 (3555 views)

Shortcut

saltillo tiles

Can't Post |
It depends on the subfloor and on your sealer. If you lay them on concrete or on "concrete backer board" and use a sealer made for outdoors, they should be fine. Ask a tile store or a janitorial supply store about sealers suitable for outdoors.<p>Carl Carlson

Loco

Jan 25, 2002, 10:32 PM

Post #3 of 3 (3558 views)

Shortcut

saltillo tiles - big mistake - now what!!?

Can't Post |
Posted by Mercy on Junio 22, 2001 at 13:58:07:<p>Your ISP Address: (148.240.98.151) <p>Had my whole house done in "saltillo tile" - and sealed and protected with a shiny sealant - now, a few years later - the sealant is blistering off - and exposing the original surface -which is being stained by the mopping!! has anyone ever SANDED DOWN and refinished tile by tile? if so, how and with what products available in Guadalajara? Can not afford to rip up the floors at this point!!! <p><p>

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4