Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

larryvmex

Jun 10, 2009, 5:47 PM

Post #1 of 8 (3757 views)

Shortcut

warm welcome

Can't Post | Private Reply
This is my second visit to a forum and my second post, what a response I got from my initial post! I didn't go into a lot of detail just stated I was happy to be returning to Catemaco and looking forward to helping people. It's what I like to do, not for praise but it is part of my christian faith. I help people in the States as well as missionary work in other parts of the world. I would never belittle or disrespect anybody that needs a helping hand, I help them get their car running, repair things in their home or business and if a child or single parent has a personal need I would do what I can. I love the USA, am a Vietnam Vet and think we are blessed to be born in such a wonderful country. Houston is a city of millions and yes it can be very indifferent to strangers. It is a pleasant surprise when people that take your money smile and say thank you, I always smile and say hello to people that I do business with. In Catemaco the people I meet and do business with have always shown appreciation for my business and are happy to try and talk to me.
I do not believe helping people and treating them nice will spoil them, I certainly don't think that coming to Mexico and staying aloof from the locals so they don't get spoiled is being apart of their community.
Come on people lighten up and quit trying to find fault in other people, get the plank out of your own eye before you get the speck out of mine.
larry ray vogler

ken_in_dfw

Jun 10, 2009, 6:49 PM

Post #2 of 8 (3739 views)

Shortcut

Re: [larryvmex] warm welcome

Can't Post |
Larry, don't listen to the armchair critics who have nothing better to do than entertain themselves by second-guessing and critiquing what others do. As long as you bring a sincere heart and a little humility to your offers of assistance, you will be welcomed, warmly, in Mexico.

Ken

Rolly

Jun 10, 2009, 7:09 PM

Post #3 of 8 (3733 views)

Shortcut

Re: [kenhjr] warm welcome

I agree with Ken. To hell with the nay sayers!

Rolly Pirate

smokesilver

Jun 10, 2009, 7:13 PM

Post #4 of 8 (3729 views)

Shortcut

I second Rolly's comment. What unit were you with in Nam?

BajaGringo

Jun 10, 2009, 8:11 PM

Post #5 of 8 (3711 views)

Shortcut

Welcome Larry and sorry that you got roughed up by a few here - maybe they were having a bad day. I just read your initial post and now this one and my only comment would be that I think that you are a welcome addition to Mexico and to this forum. I appreciate your service and I look forward to getting to know you here online...

Ron

Our House Building Project in Mexico...
Lomas de San Martin
Loving Life on the Baja Peninsula

Gringal

Jun 11, 2009, 8:03 AM

Post #6 of 8 (3672 views)

Shortcut

Ditto on the warm welcome. We need people with positive attitudes and good dispositions.

larryvmex

Jun 11, 2009, 9:48 AM

Post #7 of 8 (3644 views)

Shortcut

Re: [smokesilver] warm welcome

I appreciate everyone's encouragement, this is a wonderful country full of good people! I served two tours in Nam, in 66 I served aboard the USS Hull and in 68 was on a mine sweeper the MS Force.
larry ray vogler

prmjcm

Jun 11, 2009, 9:48 AM

Post #8 of 8 (3644 views)

Shortcut

Larry I also say welcome and keep up the good work god knows what and why we do, and that is all that matters, keep up the good work.

Pat Moore

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4