Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Home, Garden & Construction in Mexico

Diana O'Neill  Mark Farrell

Feb 4, 2002, 2:23 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1631 views)

Shortcut

Many thanks to Bertil and MK, however, more questions

Can't Post |
We are most interested in prolonging the life of our pipes, water heater, fixtures, washing machine, sinks--everything to do with water and plumbling--and of course we can do the bottled water--we would just like to not have to replace major investments quickly. We would really welcome any other suggestions! Thanks again

Dutch

Feb 4, 2002, 10:54 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1631 views)

Shortcut

Many thanks to Bertil and MK, however, more questions

Can't Post |
: We are most interested in prolonging the life of our pipes, water heater, fixtures, washing machine, sinks--everything to do with water and plumbling--and of course we can do the bottled water--we would just like to not have to replace major investments quickly. We would really welcome any other suggestions! Thanks again<p>==============================================
I would use only PVC for all supply and waste lines. A friend on this forum told me of copper plumbing used to supply a pool/spa corroding from the attack of chemicals in the water. I know from personal experience the damage that connecting copper to galvanized pipes can do. One caution - when working with PVC, make sure the plumber (or do-it-yourselfer) uses solvent cleaner before cementing PVC pipes together. I've seen Mexican plumbers bypass that first step, which may cause a pressurized line to fail. And watch out for PVC "knock-offs": thin-walled plastic tubing that will not last as long and doesn't have much structural strength. Buena Suerte!

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4