Forums  > Areas > Central Pacific Region

sparks

May 16, 2009, 5:16 PM

Post #1 of 4 (2792 views)

Shortcut

Crocs kill dog in Boca de Iguanas

Can't Post | Private Reply
From the La Manzanilla message board

Today an unsuspecting family from Guadalajara with 2 young children and 2 labs got out of their car by the lagoon in Boca de Iquanas and as quickly as you blink an eye both dogs were attacked by Crocs. One was killed and the other received treatment for deep puncture wounds in Dra. Rocio's office here in La Manz.
Needless to say the children were traumatized and the parents in shock that no warnings were posted . Thanks to someone in La Manz( I'm not sure who to thank) there is a new fence and signs posted regarding the danger for not only people, but dogs. For too many years dogs have been part of these crocodile's diet. How are they to know it's not on the menu today?
I'm very sorry for the family and the loss of their pet, but once again it's a miracle the children were not the targets.
Put some signs up please!!!

Sparks Mexico - Sparks Costalegre

gbatrucks

May 26, 2009, 2:58 AM

Post #2 of 4 (2697 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sparks] Crocs kill dog in Boca de Iguanas

What part about "leash" is it these people don't understand? We have 2 dogs that almost always are on a leash when we are off our property. I usually carry a walking stick because all to often some mangy unkempt unleashed rat-mutt will decide to have one of my dogs for breakfast...not a wise decision as they are 60 lb. German Shepards. I find it hard to believe these people were not aware that crocs inhabit that area....and as I recall isn't their is a leash law in Jalisco? But then personal responsibility doesn't seem to be that big a deal in Mexico...5 kids zipping around on a motor scooter built for 1, and the crash kills one of them, well, it's not irresponsibility, it's just "Gods will."....there are some things I will never understand about this country.
"The trouble with life is there's no background music."

(This post was edited by gbatrucks on May 26, 2009, 3:11 AM)

esperanza

May 26, 2009, 5:22 AM

Post #3 of 4 (2689 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sparks] Crocs kill dog in Boca de Iguanas

When I first read the title of this thread, I thought someone had killed a dog with a plastic shoe, the kind I wear...*sigh*. Crocs...

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

Brigitte Ordoquy

Jun 8, 2009, 1:04 AM

Post #4 of 4 (2591 views)

Shortcut

Re: [gbatrucks] Crocs kill dog in Boca de Iguanas

The family who lost their labs is an American family living in Guadalajara . The second dog was also badly wounded. They say they did not see any signs in the area they went to with their dogs and two kids. Things happen, crocs are hard to see and it is difficult to realize how fast they are, better the dogs than the kids.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4