Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Gulf of Mexico

writebythesea

Jun 5, 2009, 2:57 PM

Post #1 of 3 (4312 views)

Shortcut

still needing weather info in mountain base area of Chinantla

Can't Post | Private Reply
Rolly, thanks for the weather website info as it will be helpful during other aspects of my adventure. However due to the extreme ruralness of the La Laguna/Chinantla area I can still not find info for that specific area. I did look at Acayucan about 3 hours away, but would like more specific info on this mountain base area. Thanks to all for your help in any way!

tepetapan

Jun 6, 2009, 6:25 AM

Post #2 of 3 (4293 views)

Shortcut

Re: [writebythesea] still needing weather info in mountain base area of Chinantla

"ruralness of the La Laguna/Chinantla area I can still not find info for that specific area."
I live in the Catemaco area so I´ll tell you what I would expect. Since you said you will be at the base of the mountains, 50F for the night low would be safe and could be up to 80F during the day. Expect rain a couple days a week.

"El Gringo Jalapeño"

Jun 6, 2009, 12:47 PM

Post #3 of 3 (4276 views)

Shortcut

Re: [writebythesea] still needing weather info in mountain base area of Chinantla

Write and fellow "amigos costeños":
You are certainly looking at a rural part of Veracruz where I have never been. For sure it will be very HOT and humid. I found this link http://mexico.pueblosamerica.com/...iel-de-la-chinantla/ which might help you a bit. In Xalapa I have heard of the Municipio de Santiago Sochiapan because of the "jaranero" musicians(http://www.mtraks.com/...onal_de_mexico_vol_i) that come from that area and the Papaloapan river area(Tlacotalpan).
The town of Playa Vicente is the closet I have been to Chinantla and it is an extremely rough(i.e. dangerous) area with old time "bandidos" on the highways. Be careful and don't travel at night.
May I be so bold as to ask why you are going to this part of Veracruz?
¡Mucho gusto y hasta pronto!
Roy B. Dudley "El Gringo Jalapeño" See more about Xalapa at www.xalaparoy.com

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4