Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > North Pacific Region

Xay

May 22, 2009, 5:49 PM

Post #1 of 7 (4561 views)

Shortcut

contador dilenma

Can't Post | Private Reply
hello i have been speaking to accountant via email and i think he's trying to milk me me for 5500usd for the simple task of registering a name for your business etc does anyone on this forum have there own business in mexico that can maybe give me some more insight on it pls and thanks

Willie1

May 22, 2009, 5:55 PM

Post #2 of 7 (4558 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Xay] contador dilenma

Where are you located? That might help us steer you to someone.

Willie

Bethie

May 22, 2009, 6:23 PM

Post #3 of 7 (4555 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Willie1] contador dilenma

I don't know if this will help, but it is the phone number for the US Consulate in Monterrey. They are very helpful and may have a list of, or know of accountants: from the US: 01152-81-8047-3100. Don't mean to sound stupid, but the number is here if it is helpful.

Marlene / Moderator

May 22, 2009, 8:49 PM

Post #4 of 7 (4542 views)

Shortcut

Xay, the best thing to do is visit the area in person you intend to do business in (Cabo San Lucas area?), and talk to a few people, do a market study, etc. Find out who is who and what is what in the community. There may be a communication problem between you and the accountant. He may misunderstand what it is you intend to do, and how you intend to set it up. I think a lot more homework may be in order regards your business idea and this isn't really doable over the internet when it comes to Mexico.

mazbook1

May 29, 2009, 9:22 PM

Post #5 of 7 (4475 views)

Shortcut

If what you are trying to do is form a simple personal corporation, you need a notario, not an accountant, cost around $2,000 USD. If you plan on working for the corporation you will additionally have to have a working FM3 costing about $300 to $400 USD.

If what you want to do is have a simple dba business, there is no such thing as "registering the company name" in México. The company name you chose will be in your FM3 for doing business and it will also be in your registration for a tax number, called an RFC. All official tax business and governmental stuff will be in your full name with no mention of the company name. Cost to get that first FM3, probably around $300 to $400 USD. Cost to get an RFC, not a thing!

ncferret

May 31, 2009, 6:53 AM

Post #6 of 7 (4454 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mazbook1] contador dilenma

A working FM3 is actually only $170 US plus the cost of a few copies & photos.

mazbook1

Jun 1, 2009, 2:41 PM

Post #7 of 7 (4413 views)

Shortcut

Re: [ncferret] contador dilenma

You're absolutely right, ncferret, BUT I'm assuming from the OP's questions and general lack of knowledge of how to go about doing things in México that he will need a LOT of assistance. The going price for that is between $100 and $300 USD, depending on where you live.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4