Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

JackieB327

May 11, 2009, 7:53 AM

Post #1 of 10 (6056 views)

Shortcut

Looking for people who own real estate in Mexico

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hola,
I am writing a book on buying real estate in Mexico and I am looking for people to interview who own a home in Mexico, or who have built a home, to be included in the book.

You will be asked to sign a release form authorizing me to use your name and experience in the book.

If you are interested, email me at JackieB327@yahoo.com.
Thank you!
Jackie Bondanza

gpkgto

May 11, 2009, 8:13 AM

Post #2 of 10 (6040 views)

Shortcut

Re: [JackieB327] Looking for people who own real estate in Mexico

Would volunteers at least get a free copy of the book?

JackieB327

May 11, 2009, 8:14 AM

Post #3 of 10 (6039 views)

Shortcut

Re: [gpkisner] Looking for people who own real estate in Mexico

Oh, yes, I'm sorry I didn't mention that. You will receive a free copy of the book, yes!

BajaGringo

May 11, 2009, 10:36 AM

Post #4 of 10 (6009 views)

Shortcut

Is this meant to be a "how to" guide?

Our House Building Project in Mexico...
Lomas de San Martin
Loving Life on the Baja Peninsula

JackieB327

May 15, 2009, 7:34 AM

Post #5 of 10 (5897 views)

Shortcut

Re: [BajaGringo] Looking for people who own real estate in Mexico

The book is called How to Buy a Second Home or Real Estate in Mexico, so yes, it is a how-to guide on buying property south of the border. It will include chapters on Mexican law, building a home, the most popular areas in Mexico among foreigners (and those that are off the beaten path for those who wish to live outside a gringo community), financing options, and the steps in the process of purchasing. I am looking for real life stories from people who have bought a second home, a vacation home, or any property in Mexico to include as a case study of sorts in the book. It will help readers identify with the process and provide real life, anecdotal accounts of other people's experience in buying real estate in a foreign country.

The book will be available for sale in the fall through Atlantic Publishing, as well as through Amazon. If you participate, you will receive a free copy of the book when it comes out. You will be asked to sign a release form authorizing me to use your name and your story in the book. If you are interested in participating, we can set up a 15 minute phone interview at a time that's convenient for you, or I can send you a questionnaire via email and you can send it back to me by May 30th, which is my deadline.

Thank you in advance to anyone who is interested!

WillWork4Golf

May 17, 2009, 6:46 PM

Post #6 of 10 (5794 views)

Shortcut

Wish I could help but alas I am still in the researching phase of buying a home in Mexico, it sounds like interesting research though!

hunteradvisor

May 18, 2009, 6:33 PM

Post #7 of 10 (5753 views)

Shortcut

Re: [WillWork4Golf] Looking for people who own real estate in Mexico

We own 100 acres within the coastal zone (Cabo Corrientes, Jalisco) through our corporation. It took nearly 4 years to complete from bringing out of ejido to privatization and title insurance. In addition we own a house that we built this past winter and rent to others in Guanajuato. So we have a fair amount of experience and lots of anecdotes if you would like to contact me offline?
holly@hunteradvisorllc.com 603-431-1300
Isabel
www.RanchoSolyMar.com

jerezano

May 19, 2009, 7:47 PM

Post #8 of 10 (5687 views)

Shortcut

Re: [hunteradvisor] Looking for people who own real estate in Mexico

Hello,

Way back in 1997 or so I bought a city lot in Jerez de García Salinas, Zacatecas, México. I started construction and completed a 2 storey 3 Bedroom, 2 full bath, Lr, Dr/kit/laundry room, 2 roof top terraces home with an adjoining but separate mother-in law studio apartment and an enclosed parking space. One bedroom has a walk-in closet of sufficent size to be converted into a nursery if needed. The mother-in- law apartment can be converted easily into an office or a consultation office.

Nothing deluxe but comfortable quality throughout.

I have a detailed record of all costs of construction but those costs are now helplessly out of date.

If interested, contact me by e mail at melking125@yahoo.com.

jerezano.

Judy in Ags

May 21, 2009, 1:24 PM

Post #9 of 10 (5609 views)

Shortcut

We own 2.5 acres which we bought in 2001 and have since built a house on that property. You can contact us at jrjesny@live.com and I'll give you our Vonage phone number.

WillWork4Golf

May 26, 2009, 8:49 PM

Post #10 of 10 (5491 views)

Shortcut

Re: [hunteradvisor] Looking for people who own real estate in Mexico

Thanks for the advice I will definitely check out that area!!! I actually have been doing a ton of research and I found a place located at Club Campestre that some friends have told me about.. Las Villa de Mexico, have you heard of it? It's got what we're lookin for: a great golf course, and lots of spa stuff for the wife. Not a bad price for the low 300s either

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4