Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

gpkgto

May 15, 2009, 3:01 PM

Post #1 of 9 (2836 views)

Shortcut

Rain!

Can't Post | Private Reply
We had a very nice 3-4 hour rain THIS MORNING--from about 8-12. What a nice surprise. Anything in San Miguel? (I need to report to friends who are in the US).

bournemouth

May 15, 2009, 3:26 PM

Post #2 of 9 (2825 views)

Shortcut

Re: [gpkisner] Rain!

Where was your "very nice rain"?

jennifer rose

May 15, 2009, 4:00 PM

Post #3 of 9 (2824 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
Hard rain for about 30 min. in SMA today, but up toward Dolores Hidalgo, it was dry.

In Patzcuaro, there had been enough rain to make lakes out of potholes and puddles everywhere. Morelia's skies are beginning to make some noise.

esperanza

May 15, 2009, 4:25 PM

Post #4 of 9 (2820 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jennifer rose] Rain!

In Morelia, it rained hard for about an hour on Wednesday night and again last night. And right now, it's spitting rain and thundering--and cooler, way cooler. Oh frabjous day!

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

gpkgto

May 15, 2009, 4:55 PM

Post #5 of 9 (2815 views)

Shortcut

Re: [bournemouth] Rain!

I thought I had it in my profile--now I do. We live in Irapuato, Guanajuato.

tashby

May 15, 2009, 5:28 PM

Post #6 of 9 (2808 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] Rain!

Pounding, hammering rain in Guanajuato yesterday afternoon......from Santa Rosa in the Sierra de Guanajuato (thanks Betsy!) in the late afternoon, all the way down into the city. Continued raining off and on lightly last night in the city.

But now I'm not in the Bajio any more so I have to shut up about what lurks overhead.

8-P

bournemouth

May 15, 2009, 6:36 PM

Post #7 of 9 (2801 views)

Shortcut

Thanks - I had checked your profile but it was a blank! We've had some rain over the last few days in Ajijic too - maybe the rains truly have come early this year.

La Isla

May 15, 2009, 7:31 PM

Post #8 of 9 (2787 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] Rain!

Here in Mexico City we had wonderful thunderstorms with lots of rain on both Wednesday and Thursday night plus another one this morning. It definitely feels cooler (even in the heat of midday) and the air, less polluted (my allergies tell me so).

stina

May 19, 2009, 7:15 AM

Post #9 of 9 (2720 views)

Shortcut

Re: [La Isla] Rain!

It's been raining/booming -hard at times- every night for 2 weeks in Guadalajara, and weather.com tells me it's likely to continue for the next 10 days. Can it be that the summer rains have come early? I have been searching the Mexican news, but haven't seen anything....

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4