Forums  > Areas > Southern Mexico
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Hound Dog

May 5, 2009, 11:49 AM

Post #26 of 27 (4765 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sandykayak] Retiring in Yucatan

Can't Post | Private Reply
Sounds as if you need to take an extended vacation and check things out. You might want to check out Xalapa (north of Veracruz) ..I've never been there, but have read quite a bit.

Being close to a large town or city can help stave off feelings of being isolated. Plus, puts you nearer airports in case you need to rush home for a family emergency.

Now, I´m a big fan of Sandykayak and her preachings but keep these important facts in mind.

Places on the eastern slope of the dramatically rising high Mexican Central Plain are subject to climate modifications brought on by the proximity of the Gulf of Mexico so in places such as Xalapa look for much cloudy coastal drizzle and drear. If you are moving to Mexico are you looking for constant sunshine or what they call "chipi-chipi" (persistent cloudiness and drizzle) down here. You had best be careful which region you choose as the differences can be startling.

Unfortuntely, large towns and cities, with grand international airports that you will rarely if ever use once you get used to Mexico, promise companionship you may never experience.

Never forget Kris Kristofferson´s old song, SUNDAY MORNING COMING DOWN:

There´s nothing short of dying half as lonely as the sound.
Of a lonely city sidewalk with Sunday morning coming down.

Or something like that. It´s easier to find good chili dogs in a big city than someone you won´t regret waking up next to in the stark light of day the next morning.

(This post was edited by Hound Dog on May 5, 2009, 1:59 PM)

La Isla

May 5, 2009, 3:28 PM

Post #27 of 27 (4751 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Ponkito] Retiring in Yucatan

Can't Post | Private Reply

In Reply To

Calling México City theD.F. is kind of a misnomer

Quite right. Those in the know refer to it as the "DeFectuoso"

Very funny and quite typical of laugh-at-yourself-till-it-hurts Mexican humor, but I still say those are fightin' words, don Ponkito!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4