Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

Hound Dog

May 1, 2009, 9:37 AM

Post #1 of 16 (5954 views)

Shortcut

Talk is Cheap

| Private Reply
So there I was driving west on Zaragoza from the Ajijic Plaza heading toward Rio Zula in West Ajijic and I had just passed the Danza del Sol Hotel when I spotted two kids helping each other to climb a high residential wall during the full mid-day sun and I found that somewhat alarming but I noticed that there was a gardener sweeping the street precisely in front of where those kids were scaling that wall and I made the asumption that had those kids been up to no good that mature and respectable looking gardener would have accosted them so I simply drove on rather than confront them as I certainly did not wish to make a fool of myself and today I realized that, in light of the notion that new sets of gangs from outside the community seem to be working our streets, perhaps I should have alerted the authorities but I´m a sumbitch if I know who the authorities in Chapala Municipality are in the first place so why should I make a fool of myself alerting people I dont know from Adam´s Housecat what activities, no matter how suspicious, are engaged in and that may be a huge part of the problem we face here.

If I am a fool then multiply me by a thousand.

(This post was edited by Hound Dog on May 1, 2009, 9:39 AM)

Georgia

May 1, 2009, 12:20 PM

Post #2 of 16 (5930 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Hound Dog] Talk is Cheap

| Private Reply
In the April 4 10 issue of Guadalajara Reporter there was an article entitled "Expats pleased & perplexed at security forum." While the article indicated the attendees did not feel well informed by the meeting, the newpaper then listed a lot of information on Pages 17 and 18 entitled: "Law Enforcement Glossary Part One" with different agnecies and functions and on page 18 "Law Enforcement Glossary Part Two" Contacts: Security & Justice Officials. So, if you get the Guadalajara Reporter online, you can look up the information there, or if you or a neighbor has a copy of the issue you can get the info there, or you could drive to the ends of the earth (el Chante) and I'll give you your own gold framed copy of the article. Very helpful, but only for those living in the Municipality of Chapala. Apparently the good gentlefolk at the Guadalajara Reporter have concluded there is no crime in the Municipality of Jocotepec: mostly because it's "too far out" for even petty criminals to make the trip.

Hound Dog

May 1, 2009, 4:34 PM

Post #3 of 16 (5912 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Georgia] Talk is Cheap

| Private Reply
Apparently the good gentlefolk at the Guadalajara Reporter have concluded there is no crime in the Municipality of Jocotepec: mostly because it's "too far out" for even petty criminals to make the trip.

To say nothing of the fact that there is nothing to steal there you could sell or even convince someone to take off your hands.

Georgia

May 1, 2009, 4:40 PM

Post #4 of 16 (5908 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Raspberries, blackberries and artichokes.

gbatrucks

May 2, 2009, 10:08 AM

Post #5 of 16 (5844 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
"I dont know from Adam´s Housecat ..."

Here's 2 of Adams' houscats...attached
"The trouble with life is there's no background music."
Attachments: IMG_1677a.JPG (73.0 KB)

gbatrucks

May 2, 2009, 1:02 PM

Post #6 of 16 (5822 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
"To say nothing of the fact that there is nothing to steal there you could sell or even convince someone to take off your hands"

Hmmm....Dr. Teresa (YOUR Dr., if memory serves me), paved wide streets, the best malicon on the lake, no gated communities, social climbers, berkenstocks, Saabs, Volvos, border-promotion vice presidents, and damm few GRINGOS!!

Hound Dog

May 2, 2009, 3:36 PM

Post #7 of 16 (5796 views)

Shortcut

Re: [gbatrucks] Talk is Cheap

| Private Reply
Dawg Sez:

To say nothing of the fact that there is nothing to steal there you could sell or even convince someone to take off your hands"

To Which Trucks Replies:

Hmmm....Dr. Teresa (YOUR Dr., if memory serves me), paved wide streets, the best malicon on the lake, no gated communities, social climbers, berkenstocks, Saabs, Volvos, border-promotion vice presidents, and damm few GRINGOS!!
“if you’re fighting the world, put your money on the world.” Frank Zappa

Lookahere Trucks. Can I help it if Dra. Teresa, the best doctor in these parts, insists on practicing in Yokeltepec when the rest of the doctors in that hick town are dancing around a campfire going "Uagadougou! Uagadougou!" and lighting booda juice inhalants and praying to the God of the Lake to deliver their patients from beri-beri?

I´ll have you know that compared with Chiapas (The Dawg´s other present home town besides beautiful, sophisticated Ajijic. the home of the sole intellectual class living upon the sump) , Joco is a veritable Chicago as far as "gringos" are concerned and if you don´t speak Spanish in San Cristóbal you can´t even order a telephone installed and the reason they paved the streets in Joco was so you guys could get away when Hacianda showed up with the tax truck looking for miscreants which if they found half of them living there would require 47 trucks if you get my drift.

(This post was edited by Hound Dog on May 2, 2009, 3:39 PM)

gbatrucks

May 2, 2009, 10:54 PM

Post #8 of 16 (5753 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
...And when we build a stil up in them thar hills, the local priest comes out and sprinkles holy water (for a small piece of the action)

Gringal

May 3, 2009, 8:49 AM

Post #9 of 16 (5720 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
"built a still in the hills
The collection plate fills"

How about a 10 word about Mexico contest?

Hound Dog

May 3, 2009, 10:01 AM

Post #10 of 16 (5709 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gringal] Talk is Cheap

| Private Reply
Along these lines:

In certain dioceses in the Eastern united States, according to CNN this morning, they have cancelled the traditional Eucharistic Sacraments of partaking of the body and blood of Christ by passing around wine and unleavened bread as parishiners may contract swine flu from such intimate contact with the priest and all I can say is:

OH YE OF LITTLE FAITH! SOMEDAY YOU´LL ANSWER FOR THIS BLASPHEMY!

What the hell are they thinking? Jesus was Jewish anyway and would never partake of nor associate with swine.

(This post was edited by Hound Dog on May 3, 2009, 10:05 AM)

gbatrucks

May 3, 2009, 2:02 PM

Post #11 of 16 (5677 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
"built a still in the hills
The collection plate fills"

Gives the locals their thrills,
gets them away from the pills....

Keep it going...)

(This post was edited by gbatrucks on May 3, 2009, 2:04 PM)

Gringal

May 3, 2009, 2:30 PM

Post #12 of 16 (5669 views)

Shortcut

Post deleted by Gringal | Private Reply

Gringal

May 3, 2009, 2:38 PM

Post #13 of 16 (5663 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
"But the chica with frills

Who's serving at Lil's

Is the dish that fulfills

------------------------------ keep it going. Are we trying for the Robert Service award here???lol ..

(This post was edited by Gringal on May 3, 2009, 2:38 PM)

gbatrucks

May 4, 2009, 12:17 AM

Post #14 of 16 (5619 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
which is why Bill
drives over the hill
to partake of the swill
at Lil's

Jean_S

May 4, 2009, 2:32 PM

Post #15 of 16 (5566 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
From talking about security to poetry...talk about a highjack of a thread. :)

arbon

May 4, 2009, 3:23 PM

Post #16 of 16 (5556 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Jean_S] Talk is Cheap

|

In Reply To
From talking about security to poetry...talk about a highjack of a thread. :)

Is this a dagger I see before me or a spinning wheel which ever methinks a yarn may suffer at the hands of salesperson.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(This post was edited by arbon on May 4, 2009, 3:26 PM)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4