Forums  > Areas > North Pacific Region

cbeltran57

Apr 30, 2009, 5:36 PM

Post #1 of 2 (2610 views)

Shortcut

Moving To La Paz in 1-2 years

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hello all!
My name is Cheryl Beltrán, and I am planning to move to La Paz in the next year or two as soon as I graduate from school. (Boomer who went back). I have visited La Paz before, and absolutely fell in love. I think it was the Sea of Cortez and the ecological protection there for the wild life and sea life. I am in Seattle. Well, 30 mi. north. Everett - Home of "boing" (Boeing).
I have travelled Mexico for the last 20 years, and love it there. I even go alone and have a great time!
I am a single boomer with no kids. So, I have the freedom to do, and since I can, I have decided to.
Would love to hear from all of you down there in La Paz. What's up? How's the Swine Flu there? Very Serious? I have lots of questions and comments, but would love to hear from you first, to give me the rundown. I know it's the Capital of Lower Baja, and I am pretty familiar with the Peninsula. Started out going to Cabo, but the last time I was there it was a little over the top with the changes. Loved Todo Santos, and San Jose, but La Paz hits me just right. I have been to PV, Acapulco, but never got to Barra Navidad.
I am a former Mortgage Professional of 25+ years who left the biz in '03. TOTALLY BURNED OUT, didn't like the people coming into the biz. Lots of fraud, etc. for the next 4.5 years I had my Landscape Company, but finally had a back injury only to find out I have Arthritis from neck to hips. So I am back in School going for a 2 year in Business Management to update my skills "just in case".

Drop me a line!

Look forward to hearing from you soon!

Cheryl Beltrán

morgaine7

Apr 30, 2009, 6:17 PM

Post #2 of 2 (2601 views)

Shortcut

Re: [cbeltran57] Moving To La Paz in 1-2 years

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hola Cheryl, I retired to La Paz two years ago and love it here. I'm also single, no kids, and own a small house near downtown. As for the new swine flu, there are no cases in BCS so far, though as with the rest of the country, schools are out and many public events have been cancelled or postponed. We're enjoying warm, sunny, beautiful spring weather.

I don't know when you were here last, so it's hard to know where to start, and I don't want to ramble on about things you already know. But if you post your questions, I'll answer as best I can.

Kate

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4