Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

Linda in Morelia

Apr 6, 2009, 3:29 PM

Post #1 of 6 (2121 views)

Shortcut

Cobre El Porton - Santa Clara de Cobre

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hola,

We are considering purchasing several pieces of furniture (wood and copper combination) from Cobre El Porton in Santa Clara de Cobre. Has anyone had either positive or negative experiences with this company. Any other recommendations for shops in Santa Clara that produce furniture using wood and copper?

Many thanks.

esperanza

Apr 6, 2009, 4:05 PM

Post #2 of 6 (2113 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Jim and Linda] Cobre El Porton - Santa Clara de Cobre

IMHO, the copper (including copper-topped furniture) is of much finer quality at Casa Felícitas, across the street from El Portón. If you go, tell the owners and staff I sent you. No kickback, just nice to say hello.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

tonyburton / Moderator

Apr 6, 2009, 4:26 PM

Post #3 of 6 (2108 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] Cobre El Porton - Santa Clara de Cobre

I would independently second that. Should you visit Casa Felícitas, then please say "Hi" from me as well!
The quality is high, the prices fair and the people knowledgeable. Have a great shopping trip!

jennifer rose

Apr 6, 2009, 4:34 PM

Post #4 of 6 (2106 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Jim and Linda] Cobre El Porton - Santa Clara de Cobre

Can't Post |
El Porton is the best deal in Santa Clara de Cobre, and its owner, Juan Jose Paz, is a delightful individual. He's a pleasure to do business with, and I think you'll find his prices far more reasonable than Casa Felicitas, which, incidentally, is owned by the same family. Feel free to mention my name to Juan Jose.

esperanza

Apr 6, 2009, 6:29 PM

Post #5 of 6 (2096 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jennifer rose] Cobre El Porton - Santa Clara de Cobre

I agree in part with Jennifer. Juan José Paz is truly a gentleman and his prices are indeed lower than the prices at Casa Felícitas.

However, as I mentioned in my original post, the quality of work that I've bought at Casa Felicítas is so far above what I've seen in many visits to El Portón that there is truly no comparison.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

(This post was edited by esperanza on Apr 6, 2009, 6:30 PM)

Linda in Morelia

Apr 7, 2009, 6:12 AM

Post #6 of 6 (2067 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] Cobre El Porton - Santa Clara de Cobre

Thank you all for your feedback. We will check out both places.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4