Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Gulf of Mexico

John Shrall

Mar 28, 2009, 2:58 PM

Post #1 of 2 (3105 views)

Shortcut

Xalapa in May?

Can't Post | Private Reply
Last May my wife and I plus another couple from Ajijic made a road trip to Chiapas and then onto Antigua Guatemala where we did a home exchange. It was quite an adventure and highly recommended. We took a couple of days to travel from San Cristobal to Palenque. We thoroughly enjoyed the ruins but it was stifling hot and extremely humid at that time of the year.

This year we have an exchange worked out in Pozos de Minerales north of Queretero and down the road from Dolores Hidalgo. We'd like to explore other areas of Mexico including Xalapa. It doesn't appear to be that long a drive to Veracruz (relative to Guatemala), but we're wondering what sort of weather we'd expect in Xalapa during the month of May.

Last year we stopped overnight on Lake Catemaco in Veracruz which was also a wonderful place to visit but it too was just a bit uncomfortable due to the high humidity.

What might we expect during May in that part of Veracruz?

joaquinx

Mar 28, 2009, 8:34 PM

Post #2 of 2 (3094 views)

Shortcut

Re: [John Shrall] Xalapa in May?

Can't Post |
May, although it doesn't rain, is the hottest month of the year in Xalapa. Hot is relative as the temperature doesn't go over 90F.
_______
My desire to be well-informed is currently at odds with my desire to remain sane.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4