Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Gulf of Mexico

belgique

Mar 24, 2009, 1:58 PM

Post #1 of 5 (7158 views)

Shortcut

RV Park in Xalapa?

Can't Post | Private Reply
Is there an RV park in Xalapa or environs? We're going to abandon the Emerald Coast during Semana Santa and would like to explore the Xalapa area then. It's a 35'motor home. Just basic basic electricity, water and a place to dump sometime. (On edit: we could get by without electric if we can use the generator occasionally and the "dumping" becomes an issue for gray (shower) water only every 4 or so days). Parking and using a hotel room is not an option because of dogs/cats. Many thanks! Steve

(This post was edited by belgique on Mar 24, 2009, 2:25 PM)

Jane.Wilkinson

Apr 5, 2009, 7:56 PM

Post #2 of 5 (7068 views)

Shortcut

Re: [belgique] RV Park in Xalapa?

I may have read you're posting a little too late - Semana Santa is upon us. To answer your question, there is no RV park in Xalapa or near there. We camped for three days in late January in the Costco parking lot, which is very easy to access and quite large. The manager took a little convincing, but finally said yes, after we assured him we were Costco members and would be shopping there. They have 24-hour security I believe, and there is a nice place to walk you dogs through an experimental coffee orchard up the hill behind Costco. The greeters at Costco can radio for a taxi for you to get around. There are other big box stores nearby, but Wal-Mart has covered parking and wouldn't work.

I read about an RVer that parked in the lot of a hotel just over the bridge in Xico. We saw the place, but I think it would be very tight for your motorhome.

We also camped at a balneario about 20-25 miles south of Xalapa on the road to Veracruz. It took a little getting to, had no services, and would be packed during Semana Santa.

Jane Wilkinson

belgique

Apr 5, 2009, 8:06 PM

Post #3 of 5 (7065 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Jane.Wilkinson] RV Park in Xalapa?

Thanks Jane! We decided to come to Puebla and save Xalapa for another day for the reasons you cited. It is a definite must on our next trip. Thanks!!!

Esteban

Sep 22, 2009, 1:54 PM

Post #4 of 5 (6584 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Jane.Wilkinson] RV Park in Xalapa?

What I'm thinking of doing is bringing my 40 long school bus down and living in it. Do you have any thoughts on that? Living in Xalapa. I've lived in Mexico before (six years on the west coast) so I'm not new to what's going on. Plus, I do speak Spanish and more than just asking for a beer.

Thanks for any info you can give me.

Esteban

belgique

Sep 23, 2009, 5:47 AM

Post #5 of 5 (6550 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Esteban] RV Park in Xalapa?

We never made it because of Semana Santa--the options were few, if at all. Might check here. This is a great, entertaining, site and the chap is a guru on Xalapa.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4