Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

movintomx

Mar 21, 2009, 6:03 AM

Post #1 of 5 (6677 views)

Shortcut

Rental cars

Can't Post | Private Reply
We are moving to Lakeside in May and will be flying in. Does anyone know if the rental cars there make it obvious that it is a rental??? I know most places have changed the plate types since the tourists had been targeted in FL. Also any suggestion as to where to go to purchase a good used car and also any thing I should know about doing so?
Thanks for your suggestions.

bournemouth

Mar 21, 2009, 7:43 AM

Post #2 of 5 (6665 views)

Shortcut

Re: [movintomx] Rental cars

I have noticed that most rental cars have either a license plate holder or a sticker in a window that identifies the company owning the car.

There is a company in Riberas del Pilar called S & S autos - they can sell you a new car or a used car and take care of all the paper work etc. When you are new here, it might be comforting to deal with someone with a good reputation and who can handle everything for you. They come with a good reputation.

movintomx

Mar 21, 2009, 8:17 AM

Post #3 of 5 (6663 views)

Shortcut

Re: [bournemouth] Rental cars

Thanks for the info, we will need to rent a car for a week or so until we purchase one, but really don't want to look like a tourist..... Also thanks for the referral for the auto sales, it would be nice to work with someone with agood reputation.

jerezano

Mar 21, 2009, 8:31 PM

Post #4 of 5 (6627 views)

Shortcut

Hello, movintomx,

You might want to check with that automobile dealer about whether or not he would be able to rent you a car for a week or so. A lot of dealers (at least in Texas) will do that although they don't advertise it.

jerezano

bournemouth

Mar 22, 2009, 7:51 AM

Post #5 of 5 (6610 views)

Shortcut

There is an individual in the Ajijic area who rents cars at a reasonable rate. I believe he might also pick you up at the airport. His reputation is good. I'm sending you a p.m. with contact information.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4