Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Home, Garden & Construction in Mexico

danny

May 31, 2002, 2:03 PM

Post #1 of 3 (10381 views)

Shortcut

realestate

Can't Post |
are there any bulletin boards for real estate?and what does anyone think of passive investments in mexico offering 13%-18pa notes secured by realestate,how can i know they wont steal my money?

Dutch

May 31, 2002, 7:56 PM

Post #2 of 3 (10374 views)

Shortcut

realestate

Can't Post |
: are there any bulletin boards for real estate?and what does anyone think of passive investments in mexico offering 13%-18pa notes secured by realestate,how can i know they wont steal my money?<p>==============================================
You didn't mention a locale, so try this - go to a search engine (IMO Google is best) and type in the city or state in Mexico where you have an interest, and follow the threads - invariably you will find a link to a real estate office. If that area has a message board, then ask the question directly. As regards passive investing in Mexico, I don't think I would do it unless you are on the ground there - and even then there are risks. Above all else a Notario MUST be used, and at some point you need to be able to view the original deed and be assured that the holder of the deed will ensure that everyone lives up to the agreement that the real estate collateralizes. Buena Suerte!

Chris Zimmermann

Jun 17, 2002, 7:52 AM

Post #3 of 3 (10375 views)

Shortcut

realestate

Can't Post |
Hi Danny:<p>I just happened to be surfing at work today and came across your iquiry. I have a very good friend who works in real estate in Mexico. He is an ex-patriote from Denver and I've known him for about 20 years. He has been in the real estate business for at least a decade and now resides in Merida and has a real estate business there. His name is Mitch Keenan and he is a very knowledgeable and trustworthy person. We have purchased land together in Xcalek (5 hours south of Can Cun.) Check out his website to see what he has listed: www.miguelsmexico.com.<p>Good Luck!<p>Chris
<p><p><p>: are there any bulletin boards for real estate?and what does anyone think of passive investments in mexico offering 13%-18pa notes secured by realestate,how can i know they wont steal my money?<p>

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4