Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum

Tony Colon

Aug 26, 2002, 3:32 PM

Post #1 of 4 (3225 views)

Shortcut

FM-2 Visas and type of vehicle

Can't Post |
As long as I have a valid fm3 or fm2 visa is there a year limit of the vehicle that I will be driving? May I drive a 2001 or 2002 as long as the visa is valid? May I renew the visa and the driving priviliges more than once? Lets says four renewals and four years of driving? What happens after the 4th or 5th year? If I apply for dual citizenship will they will
they let me drive on the application process while is being processed?<p>YOurs answers will be rewarded and appreciated<p>Thanks, Tony

dave

Aug 27, 2002, 4:11 AM

Post #2 of 4 (3226 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
: As long as I have a valid fm3 or fm2 visa is there a year limit of the vehicle that I will be driving? May I drive a 2001 or 2002 as long as the visa is valid? May I renew the visa and the driving priviliges more than once? Lets says four renewals and four years of driving? What happens after the 4th or 5th year? If I apply for dual citizenship will they will
: they let me drive on the application process while is being processed?<p>: YOurs answers will be rewarded and appreciated<p>: Thanks, Tony<p>The fm3 is good for 5 years which you have to renew each year at the time of your anniversary date. After 5 years you can get another fm3 or move to a fm2 which then means that you have to get rid of your non-mexican platted car and buy a mexican platted car or convert your existing car whcih can get expensive.<p>You can drive any vintage vehicle!<p>I have no answer about dual citizenship!<p>

Robert

Aug 27, 2002, 5:45 AM

Post #3 of 4 (3224 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
By the time 5 years roles around, NAFTA is slated to bring about an equalization more or less in car prices between U.S. and Mexico. That is the reason why Toyota just came on the seen here in Mexico. This is supposed to happen in 2004.

Bob Story

Aug 27, 2002, 6:47 AM

Post #4 of 4 (3224 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
According to the Director of the Auduana's office here in Mazatlan, as long as your FM-2 or FM-3 visa is valid your car importation papers are valid however once you receive your resident immigrado status (with dual citizenship) you must divest yourself of any foreign plated vehicle.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4