Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > North Pacific Region

lamur

Mar 2, 2009, 9:55 AM

Post #1 of 9 (7504 views)

Shortcut

Movie star hotel

Can't Post | Private Reply
Is the old hotel on the beach that was the favorite of movie stars in days gone by still in operation? Has it had a facelift? Anyone been there lately? I can't remember the name but it was the first one on the beach where "Old Hollywood" hung out.

Thanks,

L

morgaine7

Mar 2, 2009, 2:16 PM

Post #2 of 9 (7483 views)

Shortcut

Re: [lamur] Movie star hotel

What's the location?

Kate

lamur

Mar 2, 2009, 2:36 PM

Post #3 of 9 (7481 views)

Shortcut

Re: [morgaine7] Movie star hotel

I got a PM. It's the Belmar...you know the one with ghosts? LOL!

L

Marlene / Moderator

Mar 2, 2009, 6:25 PM

Post #4 of 9 (7464 views)

Shortcut

The Belmar is part of history and is in serious need of a major facelift, which we hope will happen sometime. It's not right on the beach (as claimed in the webpage link), but across Olas Altas Avenue and the malecon, down some steps to the beach. There are some photos on this website which you might recognise if you have been. There is tons of traffic in this area now, partially thanks to the huge court building in that area.

http://hotelbelmar.googlepages.com/index.html

thriftqueen

Mar 2, 2009, 8:24 PM

Post #5 of 9 (7449 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Marlene] Movie star hotel

We stayed there a few years ago and enjoyed the location. The guide book referred to it as, "faded splendor". We asked to see the room before we committed. It was on the 3rd floor on the side facing the beach. At that time they quoted us $35.00 USD per night. The room was clean and adequate for our purpose as we didn't spend any time in the room. We paid for a couple of nights and then decided we'd stay for 3 more. When we went to re-book the room they voluntarily lower the rent to $25.00 USD per night. If you decide to go there ask to see the room first.

Marlene, thanks for the link, it was fun to revisit the views from there.

(This post was edited by thriftqueen on Mar 2, 2009, 8:25 PM)

lamur

Mar 2, 2009, 8:57 PM

Post #6 of 9 (7445 views)

Shortcut

Re: [thriftqueen] Movie star hotel

Thanks, I think we'll give it a try!

L

morgaine7

Mar 2, 2009, 9:06 PM

Post #7 of 9 (7442 views)

Shortcut

I didn't know what city you were referring to but was guessing Acapulco and wondering if you might have posted in the wrong area forum. The Belmar sounds like a fun place!

Kate

pez222

Mar 3, 2009, 6:48 AM

Post #8 of 9 (7425 views)

Shortcut

Re: [morgaine7] Movie star hotel

Located in Maz'. It's a funky spot. My wife and I checked it out two years ago, but alas, it was not up to my wife's standards. If noise bothers you then you might get a room that does not face the street.

Jetski

Mar 19, 2009, 11:49 PM

Post #9 of 9 (7199 views)

Shortcut

Ask to be shown the old apartments and secure parking area at the back of the hotel.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4