Forums  > Areas > Gulf of Mexico

"El Gringo Jalapeño"

Feb 23, 2009, 8:46 PM

Post #1 of 5 (5280 views)

Shortcut

bicycle in Xalapa

Can't Post | Private Reply
¡Amigos costeños! ¿Como han estado?
I want to invite all our cycling enthusiasts to participate in the "Pro Ciclismo Xalapa" and my Rotary Club cycling activities. Take a look at our website www.prociclismoxalapa.org It is all in Spanish, but it will be good practice for you. The program "Ayudate Ayudando"(Help yourself helping others) is something wonderful when you lead a tandem bike with a blind person behind, let them live a totally unique experience from them as well as yourself.
We are also working on 38 km. of "ciclovias"(urban bike paths) for Xalapa, as well as bike parking stands and intercity ciclovias.
The 3rd Bike Festival will be in Xalapa this coming April. I hope you all can participate.
¡Pedaleando haremos una Xalapa mejor!
¡Las bici no es solo deporte, tambien es transporte!
Roy B. Dudley "El Gringo Jalapeño" See more about Xalapa at www.xalaparoy.com

rfant

Feb 24, 2009, 7:12 AM

Post #2 of 5 (5267 views)

Shortcut

Re: ["El Gringo Jalapeño"] bicycle in Xalapa

I am in the Rotary Club in Tahoka, Texas and a biker. The riding with the blind event interests me. However, I do not speak Spanish very well. Would I still be of much help. I know it would be an encouragement to me.

"El Gringo Jalapeño"

Feb 24, 2009, 7:33 AM

Post #3 of 5 (5260 views)

Shortcut

Re: [rfant] bicycle in Xalapa

It is always great to hear from a fellow biker! There is a 17 year old blind girl, Luzma, who wants to practice English with me while we are riding the tandem. I'll bet you that she would love to ride with you! When would you be coming to Xalapa? ¡Siempre estan bienvenidos!

rfant

Feb 24, 2009, 7:49 AM

Post #4 of 5 (5259 views)

Shortcut

Re: ["El Gringo Jalapeño"] bicycle in Xalapa

I believe you said the ride would be in April. Let me know the exact date and perhaps I can arrange to be there. Sounds exciting to me.

"El Gringo Jalapeño"

Feb 24, 2009, 8:09 AM

Post #5 of 5 (5256 views)

Shortcut

Re: [rfant] bicycle in Xalapa

We try to ride with the blind as often as possible, especially on Sunday mornings. However, it would be great for you to come down for the Tercer Festival de la Bicicleta in April. We don't have the exact dates yet, but I will let you know as soon as we finalize them. You will be also able to see our other Rotary projects, like public drinking fountains with purified water. ¡Hasta pronto!

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4