Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Home, Garden & Construction in Mexico

nancyinpdx

Feb 2, 2009, 5:34 AM

Post #1 of 6 (7303 views)

Shortcut

buying/building in mexico

Can't Post | Private Reply
There are some beachfront lots between champoton and ciudad del carmen that are 10 meters wide(the oceanfront part) by 500 meters deep. I was thinking of 2-4 lots connected to each other. Is that a good idea? I cant really fathom the size if it. would maybe 4 casitas (one with 2 or 3 bedroom with kitchen and bathroom and the others with one bedroom, banos and maybe their own kitchenettes fit) and/or a very tiny store with a tiny hotel (6-20 rooms) with small built in cafe or beach bar fit on it? The lots are $35,500 USD each and ten are availabe. Thats why I want 1-4 lots. What do all think? Of course the bank trust would be the right way to go, wouldn't it? I can be a naive lil baby somtimes and don't wanna be stupid, which is why I'm asking ustedes, y'all' vosotros! Thank you everyone in advance for your oh so wise and patient great
guru-ness powers!!!

Que Dios les bendiga

nansilly

bournemouth

Feb 2, 2009, 6:19 AM

Post #2 of 6 (7293 views)

Shortcut

Re: [nancyinpdx] buying/building in mexico

Perhaps if you thought in feet rather than meters, it would help you visualize. Each lot is close to 33 feet wide and 164 feet deep.

Bank Trust/Fidiecomiso is the only way to go for a foreigner. Are you sure about the title on this land - it's not ejido land is it? You have a lot of research to do - good luck. Finding a reputable and honorable Notario in the area might be a place to start.

Rolly

Feb 2, 2009, 8:42 AM

Post #3 of 6 (7282 views)

Shortcut

You are talking about plot that is 5000 square meters (10 x 500). A fideicomiso is usually restricted to a land area not exceeding 2,000 square meters. Larger areas require a special procedure which your attorney or notario can explain to you.

Rolly Pirate

robrt8

Feb 2, 2009, 8:49 AM

Post #4 of 6 (7281 views)

Shortcut

10 x 50 meters?

nancyinpdx

Feb 9, 2009, 8:23 AM

Post #5 of 6 (7203 views)

Shortcut

Thanks to all of you. I do know that when or if I ever buy property in Mexico to be super careful. I'm not quite ready to buy or go there yet but am always looking at real estate ads.

BajaGringo

Feb 9, 2009, 10:38 AM

Post #6 of 6 (7192 views)

Shortcut

Take your time, do LOTS of research and don't rush into anything. Lots of good deals right now...

Our House Building Project in Mexico...
Lomas de San Martin
Loving Life on the Baja Peninsula

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4