Forums  > Specific Focus > Learning Spanish

DavidMcL

Jan 2, 2009, 1:08 PM

Post #1 of 6 (4096 views)

Shortcut

Spanish Forum Moderator

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hola and Próspero Año Nuevo!

Our illustrious and industrious long-time Moderator Quevado (he has been at the helm since this Forum started - in fact it was his idea!)has chosen to retire from his Moderator duties.

I am extremely grateful to him for his patience, abilities and contributions to making this unique Forum a success.
Thank-you Quevado, you are a wonderful amigo to Mexico Connect and this Forum.

We are also very fortunate to have one of our subscribers, sergiogomez, volunteer to assume the Moderator role. Rather than reading any introduction I could write, I am asking that sergiogomez post a self-introduction as to background and expectations for this Forum.

Welcome!

I look forward to a scintillating and vibrant forum continuing, serving the needs of both the experienced and novice students of this beautiful language.

David
David McL
WebJefe

(This post was edited by DavidMcL on Feb 7, 2009, 12:31 PM)

sergiogomez / Moderator

Jan 3, 2009, 8:38 PM

Post #2 of 6 (4065 views)

Shortcut

Re: [DavidMcL] Spanish Forum Moderator

First, a quick introduction.

I'm a half gringa, half Mexican currently going to college in Oklahoma. The Mexican side of me eats hot chilies, drinks tequila, and sings off-key corridos. The American side of me eats macaroni and cheese, watches Family Feud, and adores Zits and FoxTrot. Both sides of me call MexConnect home, and I plan to live in Puerto Vallarta some day. I love learning new languages and helping others learn them. I've had lots of fun with everyone on the forum over the years--yes, I was a lurker for a long time before I got up the guts to post! For those of you who may not know, sergiogomez is a stage name that I made up just to use on the forum. My real name is Olivia, and I'm happy if you call me either by my real name or by my username.

As to expectations for the forum, let me start by saying that the lively discussions we've been enjoying the past few months are great! Because an active forum only gets more active, I hope that we can attract more new members and encourage shy folks (like I used to be!) to chip in with new insights and questions. Most of all, I hope this forum continues to be a place for friends to get together and talk about common interests, a place to meet new people and have fun, and above all, a place that makes you feel better about being you when you come here.

Here's to a new week, a new year, and all of you here at MexConnect: those who have been here from the beginning, those who have just discovered the site, and those who are somewhere in between. We have a unique and interesting forum because you choose to come here to share your stories, insights, questions, and experiences. ¡Gracias por participar!

Quevedo, we will miss you, and we hope to hear your friendly, soothing voice from time to time.

Saludos, y ¡Feliz Año!

Olivia

quevedo

Jan 8, 2009, 9:29 PM

Post #3 of 6 (4008 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sergiogomez] Welcome!

Can't Post |
Welcome, Olivia. I wish you and everyone around here a fruitful and positive experience on this Learning Spanish forum.

May this interface serve as a bridge for our peoples to come closer.

Webjefe, many thanks for your patience and support.

Adiós y mis mejores deseos para todos ustedes.

Quevedo

JohnnyBoy

Jan 9, 2009, 8:47 AM

Post #4 of 6 (3991 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sergiogomez] Spanish Forum Moderator

Olivia,

Your wrote recently: I love learning new languages and helping others learn them.

Do you mean English and Spanish, or have you delved into other languages? If so, which ones?

jb

sergiogomez / Moderator

Jan 9, 2009, 1:06 PM

Post #5 of 6 (3976 views)

Shortcut

Re: [JohnBleazard] Spanish Forum Moderator

English and Spanish are the only languages that I know well enough to help other people learn. I know some Italian and Portuguese and a little Nahuatl, and recently I've gotten interested in Chinese. One of these days I'd like to perfect my German. I've met an uncanny number of people who speak both Spanish and German. But for now, my German course is gathering dust on the closet shelf.

raferguson

Jan 9, 2009, 6:51 PM

Post #6 of 6 (3961 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sergiogomez] Spanish Forum Moderator

Oliva:

Bienvenidos. Gracias de antemano.

¡Prospero Año Nuevo!

Ricardo

http://www.fergusonsculpture.com

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4