Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Mexican Kitchen

Sunnyvmx

Dec 19, 2008, 6:37 AM

Post #1 of 1 (2047 views)

Shortcut

Re: [TlxcalaClaudia] Christmas Eve Dinner - What to bring?

Can't Post | Private Reply
It may have been presumptious of me, but I like to be prepared. A friend gave me her recipe for fudge. I tried it out at a family party NOB and the Mexican ladies hired for the party ate the whole pan before the guests could sample it. We arrived in Catemaco with a good supply of the ingredients, aluminum 8x9 pans w/lids, decorated cellophane gift bags and bows. We have been invited this weekend to attend a baby christening party and the fudge is going to the party. It's a good thing to because my husband keeps asking me to make it.

INGREDIENTS:

1 lb. plus 1 cup confectioners sugar
1/2 cup baker's cocoa
1/4 cup milk
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tbl. vanilla
1/2 cup (1/4 lb. or 1 stick) butter
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

In large glass mixing container - stir sugar, cocoa, salt, milk, and vanilla tog. until partially blended (mixture is TOO stiff to thoroughly blend in all of dry ingred. Place butter on top and microwave on high for 2 min. Remove from microwave and stir vigorously until smooth. IF all butter has not melted , it will as mixture is stirred. Blend in vanilla and nuts. Pour into silicone pan which has been slightly sprayed OR line a dish with waxed paper. Chill 2 hours - in refrig. if necessary. Cut into squares - Makes appox. 36 squares.

I melt the butter in the microwave and use what remains in the cup to grease the pan. I also sprinkle the top with nuts so that anyone whose allergic will notice.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4