Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Home, Garden & Construction in Mexico

Michael

Sep 15, 2002, 8:29 AM

Post #1 of 2 (2726 views)

Shortcut

Regrinding Styrofoam & Cement

Can't Post |
I have been experimenting with reground Styrofoam in various cement mixes. One of my problems is that the only regrind that I can get locally is too large. I need to get a regrind that is no larger than 3mm and goes all the way down to shreds. Does anyone know of an economical way to regrind this stuff? Also has anyone else experimented with this? If so what mixes and addatives (if any) have you used? What were your results?<p>

mexhapati

Sep 23, 2002, 5:27 PM

Post #2 of 2 (2723 views)

Shortcut

Tezontle?

Can't Post |
: I have been experimenting with reground Styrofoam in various cement mixes. One of my problems is that the only regrind that I can get locally is too large. I need to get a regrind that is no larger than 3mm and goes all the way down to shreds. Does anyone know of an economical way to regrind this stuff? Also has anyone else experimented with this? If so what mixes and addatives (if any) have you used? What were your results?<p>I'm assuming the reason you want to mix styrofoam with cement is to come up with a lighter mixture than say sand. Have you tried mixing with tezontle or lava stone? I make a lighter weight tabicon this way.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4