Forums  > Areas > Central Pacific Region

deltamirror

Nov 22, 2008, 8:56 AM

Post #1 of 3 (5935 views)

Shortcut

Guad to PV bus options

Can't Post | Private Reply
Dear Folks,
My wife and I are planning to visit the Chapala area in June en route to a family reunion event in PV . Would like to fly into GUAD, stay in Lake Chapala/Ajijic area, as I am exploring winter escape options, and then catch a bus, I guess from Guad to PV to join family. Any advice on quality travel options. Want to avoid car rental. Posted in the Jalisco section, but not much response. Thanks in advance. Also open to hotel recs.
Delta

tashby

Nov 22, 2008, 9:42 AM

Post #2 of 3 (5929 views)

Shortcut

Re: [deltamirror] Guad to PV bus options

Hi,

You probably didn't get much response because it's just so easy. 8-)

From the Lake Chapala area, you need to get to the long distance bus station in Tonalá, a suburb of Guadalajara. (You do NOT want the old bus station - Camionera Antigua in Central Guadalajara. You want the Nueva Camionera Central in Tonalá.) A taxi to this bus station will probably cost somewhere around 300 pesos. Ish. The taxi ride probably takes about 45 minutes.

There are many bus companies that can get you to Puerto Vallarta. ETN is one, and it's a terrific (even luxurious) bus line. According to a website, they have busses leaving at the following times. Bus takes a little under 5 hours.

ETN: Guadalajara To Puerto Vallarta - Duration: 04:45
00:30, 06:30, 08:45, 10:30, 12:30, 14:30, 18:30, 23:30

The website where I grabbed that information is www.larpman.com

If you poke around on it, you'll find the transportation section. There are other ways to slice it. You need not worry.

deltamirror

Nov 22, 2008, 1:17 PM

Post #3 of 3 (5911 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tashby] Guad to PV bus options

Tashby,
Thanks very much
DM

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4