Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum

wynco

Nov 8, 2008, 7:44 AM

Post #1 of 5 (2075 views)

Shortcut

mexican customs - the "paisano" program for crossing the border

Can't Post | Private Reply
my son and his Mexican wife are returning from USA to Mexico - they have been told there is a Paisano Customs offer - November/December crossing the border - Mexicans can take anything they like free of duty - where can I confirm this so he has no trouble if he has been given false information. my direct e mail to ensure I see fast is wynco@gvtc.com thanks Wyn

(This post was edited by tonyburton on Nov 8, 2008, 6:51 PM)

jennifer rose

Nov 8, 2008, 8:06 AM

Post #2 of 5 (2063 views)

Shortcut

Re: [wynco] mexican customs

Can't Post |
See http://www.paisano.gob.mx/

Rolly

Nov 8, 2008, 8:18 AM

Post #3 of 5 (2058 views)

Shortcut

Re: [wynco] mexican customs

"...Mexicans can take anything they like free of duty"

That is not true. The duty free exemption is increased to US$300 for the usual $75.

Rolly Pirate

jennifer rose

Nov 8, 2008, 10:43 AM

Post #4 of 5 (2017 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] mexican customs

Can't Post |
For returning Mexicans who have lived abroad for a certain period of time, there is a menaje de casa procedure under which those returning Mexicans may bring their household goods and personal effects to Mexico duty-free. This has absolutely nothing to do with the franquicia.

travisdyer

Nov 8, 2008, 6:35 PM

Post #5 of 5 (1974 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jennifer rose] mexican customs

Beginning November 15th, the franquicia increases from US$75 t US$300. The menaje de casa is available to Mexican citizens that can prove that they have lived abroad for two years. Rolly's website provides great information about the menaje. Also, the Mexican consulate can provide the necessary info and paperwork.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4