DavidMTY

Jun 29, 2002, 10:11 AM

Post #1 of 9 (4621 views)

Shortcut

Un reto para los peritos...

Can't Post |
A! y a ti, Pepita? ya?
A ti, Pepita?
(ambos = 9)<p>La ruta nos aportó otro paso natural.
(30 letters)<p>rules:
"Must be standard dictionary accepted spelling."
"Accented letters indistinct from non-accented"
"cola loca expressions excluded"
"Subtract two letters per additional phrase with multiple statements/questions"<p>(Quevedo, you included in the peritos)<p>Best...David(MTY)

brad

Jun 29, 2002, 1:26 PM

Post #2 of 9 (4603 views)

Shortcut

se verla al reves

Can't Post |
Ah, Satanás, amas a Natasha?
Y tápate tu teta, Paty!
Al reparar olla halló perla
El ave mayor te dan Elena de Troya? Me vale!
Amalia, la deseó ese Dalai Lama?
Así le aloca la cola Elisa?
Se mete Ladislao... Al sida le temes?<p>: A! y a ti, Pepita? ya?
: A ti, Pepita?
: (ambos = 9)<p>: La ruta nos aportó otro paso natural.
: (30 letters)<p>: rules:
: "Must be standard dictionary accepted spelling."
: "Accented letters indistinct from non-accented"
: "cola loca expressions excluded"
: "Subtract two letters per additional phrase with multiple statements/questions"<p>: (Quevedo, you included in the peritos)<p>: Best...David(MTY)<p>

DavidMTY

Jul 2, 2002, 9:23 PM

Post #3 of 9 (4603 views)

Shortcut

&quot;Top spot&quot;

Can't Post |
So good you even took some fun out of it!!!
but wait...WOW look at all those examples on the link!<p>By the way Elena scores = 31<p>Thanks,
David(MTY)<p>: Ah, Satanás, amas a Natasha?
: Y tápate tu teta, Paty!
: Al reparar olla halló perla
: El ave mayor te dan Elena de Troya? Me vale!
: Amalia, la deseó ese Dalai Lama?
: Así le aloca la cola Elisa?
: Se mete Ladislao... Al sida le temes?<p>: : A! y a ti, Pepita? ya?
: : A ti, Pepita?
: : (ambos = 9)<p>: : La ruta nos aportó otro paso natural.
: : (30 letters)<p>: : rules:
: : "Must be standard dictionary accepted spelling."
: : "Accented letters indistinct from non-accented"
: : "cola loca expressions excluded"
: : "Subtract two letters per additional phrase with multiple statements/questions"<p>: : (Quevedo, you included in the peritos)<p>: : Best...David(MTY)<p>

brad

Jul 3, 2002, 5:18 AM

Post #4 of 9 (4602 views)

Shortcut

&quot;Top spot&quot;

Can't Post |
 At least I didn't insinuate at being the originator of the lines inmy post.<p>: So good you even took some fun out of it!!!
: but wait...WOW look at all those examples on the link!<p>

DavidMTY

Jul 3, 2002, 3:09 PM

Post #5 of 9 (4604 views)

Shortcut

&quot;Top spot&quot;

Can't Post |
Hi Brad,And I though you did, in 'Se verla al revés',which I though to beincredibly witty on your part. We have had a ball with these and my favorite "original" so far is A ti,Pepita. Of courseall of these have probably been around for ages when people didn't have internet to spend time on. <p>By the way the longone which is probably the most well known one on the on the face of the Spanish earth for anyone who has a book on puzzles, etc., is probably anonymous, so exactly what are you...¿insinuating? Kindly clarify.
Best...David(MTY).
"Parado sobre los hombros degigantes, pero echándose a perder"<p>: At least I didn't insinuate at being the originator of the lines inmy post.<p>: : So good you even took some fun out of it!!!
: : but wait...WOW look at all those examples on the link!<p>: <p>

brad

Jul 3, 2002, 5:24 PM

Post #6 of 9 (4604 views)

Shortcut

&quot;Top spot&quot;

Can't Post |
 What are you insinuating that I'm insinuating? :) All I meant was that I wasn't trying to pass those off as my own creations. That's why I posted the link. Credit goes where credit is due.

DavidMTY

Jul 3, 2002, 11:33 PM

Post #7 of 9 (4607 views)

Shortcut

&quot;Top spot&quot;

Can't Post |
OK,I got it. I think you were too tough on this one. One more question: were all these (see link) your originals, then? <p>My last quote was a deliberate contortion of a famous quote from Sir Isaac Newton, I'd given him credit, but he had no official web site and is dead, and probably rightfully has more credit than he can handle, so I thought it not a big deal:
Newton in a letter to Robert Hooke, his hunchbacked dwarfy rival (1676), in an old style flame war.
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."<p>David(MTY) "Parado sobre los hombros degigantes, pero echándose a perder (2002)"
There, now that I credited Newton, Pruneface my never forgotten elementary school English teacher won't get upset.<p>: What are you insinuating that I'm insinuating? :) All I meant was that I wasn't trying to pass those off as my own creations. That's why I posted the link. Credit goes where credit is due.

DavidMTY

Jul 3, 2002, 11:43 PM

Post #8 of 9 (4604 views)

Shortcut

&quot;The Missing Link&quot;

Can't Post |
(link is below asking if they were your originals, or if you forgot to give "credit" where due:-])<p>Regarding credit,
Pruneface would be upset with Newton.<p>Newton gave no credit in 1676 where it was due as he grabbed the quote, too.<p>Robert Burton "The Anatomy Of Melancholy" (1621):
"Pigmaei gigantum humeris impositi plusquam ipsi gigantes vident."<p>But, Burton gave no credit to:
Bernard des Chartres (1100's)
"Nous sommes des nains juchés sur des épaules de géant. Nous voyons ainsi davantage et plus loin qu'eux, non parce que notre vue est plus aïgue ou notre taille plus haute, mais parce qu'ils nous portent en l'air et nous élèvent de toute leur hauteur gigantesque."<p>And anonymous gave no credit:
"If I have seen further than others, it is by stepping on the toes of giants" <p>: : What are you insinuating that I'm insinuating? :) All I meant was that I wasn't trying to pass those off as my own creations. That's why I posted the link. Credit goes where credit is due.<p>

brad

Jul 4, 2002, 6:30 AM

Post #9 of 9 (4624 views)

Shortcut

&quot;Top spot&quot;

Can't Post |
The post you speak of was an e-mail circulating amongst my daughter's ITESM classmates. Like many and most of those types, who knows it's origin.<p> <p>What a good thing Adam had--when he said a good thing, he knew nobody had said it before.
- Mark Twain <p><p>
: OK,I got it. I think you were too tough on this one. One more question: were all these (see link) your originals, then? <p>: My last quote was a deliberate contortion of a famous quote from Sir Isaac Newton, I'd given him credit, but he had no official web site and is dead, and probably rightfully has more credit than he can handle, so I thought it not a big deal:
: Newton in a letter to Robert Hooke, his hunchbacked dwarfy rival (1676), in an old style flame war.
: "If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."<p>: David(MTY) "Parado sobre los hombros degigantes, pero echándose a perder (2002)"
: There, now that I credited Newton, Pruneface my never forgotten elementary school English teacher won't get upset.<p>: : What are you insinuating that I'm insinuating? :) All I meant was that I wasn't trying to pass those off as my own creations. That's why I posted the link. Credit goes where credit is due.<p>

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4