Forums  > Specific Focus > Learning Spanish

jerezano

Aug 9, 2008, 4:02 PM

Post #1 of 2 (2107 views)

Shortcut

Helpful free on-line Spanish verb conjugator

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hello all,

I just ran into this very hepful free on-line verb conjugator for Spanish verbs:

http://www.verbix.com/languages/spanish.shtml

It takes over where "501 Spanish verbs" takes off.

The story about how I found it is interesting:

A Mexican friend was really down in the dumps. I asked him what was wrong and he said everything. He then quoted me a dicho (refrain)(folk saying) which I had never heard before.

He said: "Sólo que me falta es un perro que me mee."

I guessed that "mee" was a vulgar word for urinate. He said that was right. I guessed that the form was subjunctive because it hadn't happened yet and probably wouldn't happen, but I wasn't sure so I asked what the verb was--mear.

That presented an interesting problem on conjugation since verb forms with the accent on the e nearly always change to i or ie, (ex) sentar--siento, sientas, sienta, sentamos, sientan; (ex2)pedir--pido, pides, pide, pedimos, piden. So the first person singular present indicative couldn't possibly be mío or I would have run into it before. A google search for the verb conjugations of "mear" brought me the answer--meo, meas, mea, meamos, mean--no change.

I hope this new resource on congugations will be of help to you all.It will be to me.

jerezano.

(This post was edited by jerezano on Aug 9, 2008, 4:06 PM)

quevedo

Aug 10, 2008, 5:14 PM

Post #2 of 2 (2080 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jerezano] Helpful free on-line Spanish verb conjugator

Can't Post |
Solo me falta que un perro me mee.

Saludos,

Quevedo

P. S.: If you consult any verb on D.R.A.E., you will see a simbol: . That link will lead you to a complete conjugation of the verb in question .

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4