Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Mexican Kitchen

mskitty

Jul 22, 2008, 1:49 PM

Post #1 of 4 (3726 views)

Shortcut

Scrambled eggs in salsa

Can't Post | Private Reply
When I was in Bucerias recently I enjoyed a delicious breakfast at the recommendation of my innkeeper. I can't remember the name of it, but it was scrambled eggs served in a bowl of either red or green chili sauce. Does anybody know what this is called and if the preparation is simply to scramble the eggs then put them into the bowl of liquid fire? It looked like an ordinary red, cooked, pureed sauce.

Thanks!

Anonimo

Jul 22, 2008, 6:14 PM

Post #2 of 4 (3711 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mskitty] Scrambled eggs in salsa

In Reply To
When I was in Bucerias recently I enjoyed a delicious breakfast at the recommendation of my innkeeper. I can't remember the name of it, but it was scrambled eggs served in a bowl of either red or green chili sauce. Does anybody know what this is called and if the preparation is simply to scramble the eggs then put them into the bowl of liquid fire? It looked like an ordinary red, cooked, pureed sauce.

Thanks!

Sounds like Huevos Albaņil, although I've also had it renamed as a specialty of a specific restaurant, as in "Huevos El Camino Real", but they were one and the same, as far as I could tell.

I'm not certain how they're prepared, although from their appearance, I'd say your theory is right.

Saludos,
Anonimo

Carol_Wheeler

Jul 23, 2008, 10:53 AM

Post #3 of 4 (3686 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Anonimo] Scrambled eggs in salsa

This version by Karen Graber sounds delicious:

http://www.mexconnected.com/...drehuevosabanil.html

Anonimo

Jul 23, 2008, 11:48 AM

Post #4 of 4 (3681 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Carol_Wheeler] Scrambled eggs in salsa

Huevos Albaņil is my usual order at both the Cafe of the Gran Hotel and at El Camino Real, both in or near Pátzcuaro.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4