Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

Sunnyvmx

Jul 20, 2008, 4:56 PM

Post #1 of 4 (2147 views)

Shortcut

Rv Retirement living in Mexico

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hola amigos: I am new to Mexico connect and have been spending many hours reading the posts. I haven't read any from anyone living in an RV. We have traveled throughout Mexico for three months on one trip and I have been planning the next trip for six months with the hope of finding the place we would like to settle in. We have two other couples caravanning with us. In my extensive research, I happened upon the information about Lake Chapala. The more I read, the more I became excited. All of us live in large coaches and own smaller rigs for travel and adventure. I have now convinced my husband that we don't have to wait until after the trip in 2009-2010.
We can go NOW.....

In all my reading, I haven't read any posts from anyone living in an RV. I have seen the campgrounds filled with snowbirds so I know that Mexico is a popular winter destination, especially with Canadians. I am more interested in hearing from someone living in their RV fulltime in Mexico.

We cross the border with everything we own, so it has to be easier to set up full time housekeeping. In our situation I'm hoping the new
10 year vehicle permit will make living here easier on a FMT with the necessary trips NOB.

I would be happy to hear from anyone living the RV life in Mexico.

belgique

Jul 20, 2008, 5:19 PM

Post #2 of 4 (2139 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Sunny1] Rv Retirement living in Mexico

For RV specific things I have found that the Mexico forums at www.rv.net give the best counsel on RV'ing in Mexico simply because they are oriented on RV'ing aspects. That coupled with the advice here will help you a lot.

jerezano

Jul 21, 2008, 8:24 AM

Post #3 of 4 (2072 views)

Shortcut

Hello Sunny1,

Up at the top of each forum is a search button. Click on that and then click on search forums, enter the keywords RV or Motor home and search. You should get several messages on the subject. Including one somewhere here where a Motorhome resident on the Riviera Maya is selling his Motorhome and also a beach property on the Pacific coast. He wants to buy a smaller motorhome and start touring.

Welcome to the forums.

jerezano.

thriftqueen

Jul 21, 2008, 4:46 PM

Post #4 of 4 (2007 views)

Shortcut

Here is a llink to Jonna's blog. http://www.baddog.com/blog/blog.html She and her partner started out in MX in their RV - you can read further about their life in MX and what is going on now.

Caution, the more you explore MX the more you will desire to put your feet down somewhere. In 1997 my hubby and I started out in a 5th wheel planning to explore MX however we discovered Alamos, Sonora, bought an acre and have built a home. This casa is our sole home where we live full time year around.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4