Forums  > Specific Focus > Home, Garden & Construction in Mexico

Gringal

Jul 9, 2008, 1:45 PM

Post #1 of 4 (9384 views)

Shortcut

Building regulations

Can't Post | Private Reply
I did a search, but found no answers, so here's the deal:

Our property is located in downtown Ajijic. A couple of sales ago, our property was part of a larger parcel. The owner chopped off a small piece where a tiny tienda was located at the front of the property and made it a separate parcel. Now, the owner has sold that parcel to an "American lady" who we have not met, but according to the seller, she intends to create a two storey house with a mirador at the top. Since this parcel abuts our front patio both at the sides and at the rear, there is no place that she could legally put windows on either the first or second floors. What I am wondering is if anyone knows whether it is legal to put a mirador on top that would look down into our walled patio. There is no space whatsoever between the two properties, and the former tienda had no windows.

Part two: I am going to the "obra Publico" office on Friday to ask if permits had been obtained and plans filed. What other questions or actions should I take? As of now, they just started the "demolition" part of the project.

Rolly

Jul 9, 2008, 1:58 PM

Post #2 of 4 (9380 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gringal] Building regulations

I'll bet there is nothing you can do about her plans, but you could put up canvas awnings with obscene pictures on top.

Rolly Pirate

Gringal

Jul 9, 2008, 2:21 PM

Post #3 of 4 (9376 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] Building regulations

First, I'd have to figure out what she considered obscene. Heh, heh. Maybe a prominent political figure, grinning at her?

If all else fails, I guess we just build a very tall wall.

Esteban

Aug 1, 2008, 8:47 PM

Post #4 of 4 (9311 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gringal] Building regulations

The first thing I would do would be to confront her about your concerns in a very non confrontational way. Maybe you can come to an agreement.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4