Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Gulf of Mexico

frosti

May 22, 2008, 3:18 PM

Post #1 of 6 (6415 views)

Shortcut

Trip to Xalapa

Can't Post | Private Reply
My wife had never experienced Mexico so I booked us a flight to Mexico City. We took a bus to Puebla and stayed the fist night. Puebla reminds me of Arizona, hot, dry, flat and very few trees. We then took a bus to Xalapa and it was a real pleasure even though it was crowded. For a big city it has a lot of charm and you wont ever go hungry. After three days we headed to Papantla, El Tajin, Naolinco, Coatepec, Xico and Tepetlan. I fell in love with the small town of Tepetlan, my wife wants to move there right now. I took over 350 pictures, some great shots. We plan on going back next year.

"El Gringo Jalapeño"

May 23, 2008, 9:02 PM

Post #2 of 6 (6373 views)

Shortcut

Re: [frostforest] Trip to Xalapa

It feels nice to hear such good things about this area that has been my home for the last 35 years. I am not sure if I have been to Tepetlan, although I do a lot of mountain biking to the smaller villages. Where exactly is it?
¡Bienvenidos a este Veracruz, encanto de los corazones!
¡Hasta pronto!
Roy B. Dudley "El Gringo Jalapeño" See more about Xalapa at www.xalaparoy.com

frosti

May 24, 2008, 1:44 PM

Post #3 of 6 (6353 views)

Shortcut

Re: ["El Gringo Jalapeño"] Trip to Xalapa

After living in Los Angeles for 25 years I'm well acquainted with big city life. I was disappointed with Puebla but found Xalapa to be a pleasant surprise. My friend who lives in Xalapa gave me a tour of Xalapa. For a big city it has to be rated at least a 9 in my book. One day he took us to Naolinco and then Teptlan which is about 12 kilometers away. With the mountains in the background and the river running thru the town, small zocalo and clean streets and population of about 2000, perfect for retirement. I cant find it on any maps.

DavidMcL

May 24, 2008, 3:19 PM

Post #4 of 6 (6349 views)

Shortcut

Re: ["El Gringo Jalapeño"] Trip to Xalapa

This link should show you where!
http://maps.google.com/...;z=11&iwloc=addr

David
David McL
WebJefe

"El Gringo Jalapeño"

May 24, 2008, 5:28 PM

Post #5 of 6 (6335 views)

Shortcut

Re: [DavidMcL] Trip to Xalapa

¡Dios mio! This looks like a fantastic decent for us mountain bikers. Do you remember what the road is like, Forest? And since it goes on to Alto Lucero, we can ride almost all the way to Xalapa via Chiltoyac. Wow! Got to get on my bike!!!!
By the way, every Sunday morning at 10 AM my bike activist group, Xalapa ProCiclismo, does an urban ride through the streets and avenues of our bella Xalapa. We are usually around 40 to 50 people, and anyone over 12 years old is welcome to participate free with their bicycle in good condition, use a helmet and bring along water. The rides usually last about 2 hours(we try to end around 1PM). We also do rural mountain biking and on Wednesday nights at 8 PM we do our urban ride(bring bike equiped with lights!!!) Send me an e-mail to jalaparoy@gmail.com or call my photography studio 011 52 228 8178010 M-F between 11AM-1PM and 5PM-7PM.
¡Muy bien, muchachitos, tengo que chambear con unas fotos de una embarazada!
¡Que pasen un fin de semana..a todo dar!
Roy B. Dudley "El Gringo Jalapeño" See more about Xalapa at www.xalaparoy.com

frosti

May 25, 2008, 5:27 PM

Post #6 of 6 (6303 views)

Shortcut

Re: [DavidMcL] Trip to Xalapa

Thanks for the link David, nice map.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4