Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Technical Mexico

taltman711

May 18, 2008, 1:19 PM

Post #1 of 2 (2775 views)

Shortcut

Dish Network

Can't Post | Private Reply
For those of you that receive Dish, this summer they will be updating their encryption with a card swap.
1. If you brought your NOB account with you, Dish will send the new smart card directly to you. I don't remember if it is the service or billing address of your account( if they are different). I would guess the service address. Any way, make sure that the card will be forwarded to you.
2. If you have an account thru one of the Mexican dealers, then that dealer should provide the new card(s).
3. If you are using an FTA receiver to "borrow" the Dish programming, then---???
The newer receivers have the Nagra2 cards hardwired to the receiver motherboard. The card slot will be empty. Just slide the new one in. If you currently have an older receiver, simply swap the new card for the existing N2 card.
In the past, the new cards had to be registered when received. This activated them and married them to your receiver. If not registered within the specified time frame, you will stop getting your programming. I assume it will be the same with this swap. DO NOT call Dish unless you can do so from a US based phone--such as voIP. Otherwise, if Dish figures out you are in Mexico, adios account.

Tim

johanson / Moderator

May 18, 2008, 5:50 PM

Post #2 of 2 (2755 views)

Shortcut

Re: [taltman711] Dish Network

Can't Post | Private Reply
Thanks for the info Tim. As I may have mentioned to you on another forum, I will be taking my leased DISH 811 HD receiver back with me to Seattle at the end of June. I plan to pick up an Mpeg-4 compatible DISH 211 HD receiver.

I hope everything is going well with you in Illinois.

Pete

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4