Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > North Pacific Region

Rosalinemg

May 15, 2008, 4:10 PM

Post #1 of 5 (7394 views)

Shortcut

Air travel with dogs

Can't Post | Private Reply
I want to take three little dogs back to Alberta, Canada in July. Has anyone travelled with dogs before? What airline did you use? Where there any problems?

Rosalinemg

May 15, 2008, 4:12 PM

Post #2 of 5 (7392 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rosalinemg] Air travel with dogs

Sorry forget to mention that I live in Mazatlan, Sinaloa. So will be going from Mazatlan to Calgar, Alberta

ncferret

May 16, 2008, 7:01 AM

Post #3 of 5 (7377 views)

Shortcut

Very few airlines allow dogs anymore. Those that due (for example Alaska Air) usually only allow 1 pet person and the pet must fit in a carrier under the seat in front of your seat and weight less than 10 KG (22lbs).

For these types of questions, its always best to check directly with the airline. Usually the rules for pets are right on their websites.

(This post was edited by ncferret on May 16, 2008, 7:02 AM)

bournemouth

May 16, 2008, 7:33 AM

Post #4 of 5 (7372 views)

Shortcut

July will be a problem for you as most airlines do not transport animals during the summer months, other than those that can go in the cabin with you.

ncferret

May 22, 2008, 1:51 PM

Post #5 of 5 (7339 views)

Shortcut

Re: [bournemouth] Air travel with dogs

Some airlines have climate controlled spaces outside the cabins. A friend on mine just took her dog NOB with Continental and they offer this type of service (not cheap) all year round.

Again, check with the individual carrier for the latest information and remember, you will need to make a reservation for your pet as well.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4