Saludos,

Quevedo

Georgia

May 27, 2008, 6:00 PM

Post #27 of 31 (5306 views)

Shortcut

Re: [quevedo] Yo amo a Juan Querendón

Can't Post | Private Reply
Que caray! I thought it was Univision because we were in the US. My friend taped it every afternoon so I never saw the channel. Did you actually watch this show? Are you ok?

jerezano

May 29, 2008, 9:15 AM

Post #28 of 31 (5279 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Georgia] Yo amo a Juan Querendón

Hello Goorgia,

Here is what Wikipedia says about Yo amo a juan Querendón.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Yo Amo a Juan Querendón (I Love Juan Querendon) is a Mexican telenovela airing on Univision. The plot surrounds the story of Juan Dominguez (played by Eduardo Santamarina) and his interactions with the Cachon Family. It is a remake of Pedro El Escamoso, a Colombian telenovela [1].

In some markets when [although] "Pedro el Escamoso" was a hit, "Yo amo a Juan Querendón" was a flop. In Puerto Rico Univisión had to move it to a 5:00 p.m. slot, because it flopped at the 7:00 p.m. originally slotted against Telmundo Puerto Rico "Marina". Pedro el Escamoso was one of the most successful novelas for Telemundo here [Puerto Rico?] and the cable tv channel "La Telenovela" is airing the original "Pedro el Escamoso" as the same time Univisión is beginning to broadcast "Yo amo a Juan Querendón".
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have found telenovelas to be an excellent way to learn Spanish. Keep up the study!

Hasta luego. jerezano.

Georgia

May 29, 2008, 9:25 AM

Post #29 of 31 (5277 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jerezano] Yo amo a Juan Querendón

I'm just not a fan. Way too much hysteria, hystrionics, and hyperbole for my taste. For all that, I just have to step out my front door and listen to my neighbors' woes/fights/fiestas. Give me a good novela by Garcia Marquez or Miguel Angel Asturias any day, and I'll be happy.

jerezano

May 29, 2008, 7:18 PM

Post #30 of 31 (5256 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Georgia] Yo amo a Juan Querendón

Hello Georgia and others,

Learning Spanish and all the aids thereto (telenovelas being a good one):

Georgia said:>>>I'm just not a fan [of telenovelas]. Way too much hysteria, hystrionics, and hyperbole for my taste. For all that, I just have to step out my front door and listen to my neighbors' woes/fights/fiestas. Give me a good novela by Garcia Marquez or Miguel Angel Asturias any day, and I'll be happy.<<<

And I agree with her. But do good books read the way people talk? No, even when the dialogs ring true, they have been purified. Telenovelas, on the other hand sound just like your neighbors, with all the gasps, the hesitations, the unfinished sentences, the hidden meanings, and the screams and curses, as Georgia has pointed out. One can learn a lot more from them than listening to the news on TV, listening to the sports, etc. Also more than reading a good book. Why? Because of the ear training, the sound training, the new words, the idiomatic expressions that one can't find in the dictionaries--just as Georgia started this thread originally asking about two idiomatic expressions from the telenovela "I love Juan Querendón". She has learned something, which I hope is of value, from that telenovela even if she doesn't like it. We all can.

And gracias a Dios, here in my quiet neighborhood, I don't get the chance to step out-of-doors and hear my neighbors living their own telenovelas. How many of us do? Here, my neighbors "lavan la ropa suicia en familia." They may and do go to a fiesta and shoot somebody, but no telenovelas.

Hasta luego. jerezano.

Georgia

May 29, 2008, 8:05 PM

Post #31 of 31 (5254 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jerezano] Yo amo a Juan Querendón

Maybe, Jerezano, it's also a consequence of my unruly mob of 10 children. Enough!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4