Forums  > Areas > Central Pacific Region

cristalhombre

May 13, 2008, 1:46 PM

Post #1 of 5 (4383 views)

Shortcut

Medical info

Can't Post | Private Reply
Tony

I was wondering if it might be helpful to have a 'forum' specifically identified as Medical Care (and related topics) I read questions from time to time, "what dentist does good work?", etc. I think this would be helpful as we all age, having greater needs for such matters. That is a question for you, the moderator y jeffe.

My specific question would be: Can anyone recommend a good radiology lab in Guadalajara that perfroms a coronary CT scan and the approx. price? The procedure here in Portland ranges from $560 to $800 usd, and most of the places are stand alone clinics, not a hospital. My guess is that it would be considerably cheaper SOB. The digitized image can be read by any radiologist and I would probably have the post scan consultation done here in the states. This is not an emergency type issue, just a recommendation from my MD following my physical.

My Doc here suggested that I shop around, as prices vary. I asked him if the equipment was a factor and he said not really, The newer machines just do the scan quicker. (probably like a newer computer) He has had patients travel to Costa Rica for lab work with good results. Just thought this might be a way to offest the price of future airfare, having the procedure done for less $$ SOB.

If anyone has that info I would appreciate a response.

"NOT ALL WHO WANDER ARE LOST...."

jennifer rose

May 13, 2008, 1:58 PM

Post #2 of 5 (4371 views)

Shortcut

Re: [cristalhombre] Medical info

Can't Post |
I've moved your post to this forum, because it's region-specific. Many people tend to forget that Mexico's a big country and that not everyone who reads these fora is based in and about Guadalajara. A recommendation for a cardiologist in Merida or Jalapa won't do you much good.

(This post was edited by jennifer rose on May 13, 2008, 9:17 PM)

tonyburton

May 13, 2008, 9:02 PM

Post #3 of 5 (4330 views)

Shortcut

As usual, Jennifer's response is to the point.

However, we're always willing to consider new ideas, and this is one that we've been thinking about for a while.

At present, all our efforts behind the scenes are focussed on a really major major overhaul of the site software, and on the re-coding of thousands of pages to ensure they will remain accessible to everyone when we make the change, hopefully before the end of the year. Once that mountain has been climbed, and we're quite sure everything is working 100% efficiently, then it will almost certainly be time to reconsider the forum systems and structure.... So, keep the ideas coming, even if we can't act on them immediately.

cristalhombre

May 14, 2008, 6:09 AM

Post #4 of 5 (4304 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jennifer rose] Medical info

Hmmmm that's weird. I have no idea how my post ended up there. I never view that forum??? Maybe when I created it, I advanced it to the wrong location??????? lo siento.

"NOT ALL WHO WANDER ARE LOST...."

tonyburton

May 14, 2008, 6:54 AM

Post #5 of 5 (4292 views)

Shortcut

I believe Jennifer moved it, as being more appropriate here than elsewhere. Tony

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4