Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

tashby

Apr 26, 2008, 10:23 AM

Post #1 of 7 (2897 views)

Shortcut

Casa Aurora de Belen in Morelia

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hi,
We'll be heading over to Morelia next week on a preliminary scouting mission to see about possibly renting a place longish-term. I found Casa Aurora de Belen after doing some (intensive) internet searches. It's in Santa Maria de Guido, one of the neighborhoods we want to consider. It also sounds kind of charming, the price is fair, and (unbelievably!) they say they'll accept our dog. Anybody ever stay there? Any reason not to stay there?

Also, is this anywhere near the apartments I dug up from an old post of Jennifer's....they look to be sort of like corporate apartments in the U.S. that you can rent month to month? Betul, I think.

I need to get more organized. Yikes. I have random notes in about 40 different places.

http://www.betul.com.mx

(This post was edited by tashby on Apr 26, 2008, 10:54 AM)

jennifer rose

Apr 26, 2008, 11:47 AM

Post #2 of 7 (2872 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tashby] Casa Aurora de Belen in Morelia

Can't Post |
Casa Aurora de Belen is a very nice place with gorgeous grounds, and I think you'll find the Cortes family, who owns and operates the property, fantastic people. I would recommend it highly.

tashby

Apr 26, 2008, 12:14 PM

Post #3 of 7 (2868 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jennifer rose] Casa Aurora de Belen in Morelia

Perfect. Thanks Jennifer.

Is it pretty obvious where to get off the periferico to head up to Santa Maria de Guido? I got a map from the hotel, and it looks like I want to go up Avenida Morelos to get there. I can't tell from my little Guia Roji if that connects to the periferio or not.

Maybe a better question would be: Is there a good map of Morelia available somewhere on the internet? Everything I've found (so far) just focuses on the Centro Historico.

jennifer rose

Apr 26, 2008, 12:26 PM

Post #4 of 7 (2863 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
http://europe.mapquest.com/...te=&city=Morelia

Coming from Centro, you could take Morelos Sur past Star Medica to cross Camelinas and then go up the hill to Vista Bella and eventually Santa Maria, but if you're coming from any place else, it would be smarter to take the libramiento or ring road along the south side of Morelia to avoid downtown.

While you're here, you might find it helpful to buy a Guia Roji map of Morelia at Sanborn's.

tashby

Apr 26, 2008, 12:48 PM

Post #5 of 7 (2859 views)

Shortcut

Thanks again. I'm an idiot and forgot to mention we'll be driving from Guadalajara, so we'll definitely be taking the periferico to the south side. Unless I make a major wrong turn and end up downtown. And if that happens, I'll just hire a cab and follow it.

And yes to picking up a Morelia map when we're there, if not before.

jennifer rose

Apr 26, 2008, 1:02 PM

Post #6 of 7 (2856 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
Coming from the Guadalajara cuota, once you reach the four-way stop, turn south (left). If you go straight, you'll be headed toward downtown. A right turn will take you through an industrial and crappy part of town.

Once you've turned left, just stay on the same road as swings past the turnoff for Mil Cumbres, Plaza Morelos, Las Americas, Fiesta Camelinas, and finally at the intersection near Star Medica, you'll make a left-hand turn to go up the hill.

tashby

Apr 26, 2008, 1:18 PM

Post #7 of 7 (2849 views)

Shortcut

Perfect. Thanks so much for the directions. I'll be driving, and my partner is useless in the navigation department. So is the dog.

Much appreciated!

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4