Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Practice & Help Forum

Oscar2

Apr 4, 2008, 10:54 AM

Post #1 of 4 (17228 views)

Shortcut

Symbols appearing in posts?

Can't Post | Private Reply

As of late, small little black diamonds are enclosing little white question marks in substitution to such things as quotation marks, apostrophes, and various other sentence structure symbols.

I’ve been cutting and pasting from Microsoft Word, Times Roman fonts for years and using Mozilla Firefox as a browser all along. What is it that has caused this change, which makes my posts really weird.

Please advise as best possible……..HELP!

Oscar

Oscar2

Apr 4, 2008, 11:39 AM

Post #2 of 4 (17222 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Oscar2] Symbols appearing in posts?

This is perhaps an example of what is occurring. I don’t believe it’s my computer. “It’s probably because something doesn’t work well any more!”

The above sentence should produce the little symbols previously mentioned. The following are apostrophes: ‘’’’’’’’’’’’’, the following are exclamations: “”””””””””

Oscar2

Apr 4, 2008, 11:46 AM

Post #3 of 4 (17218 views)

Shortcut

This is weird, when I pulled up this post, the symbols appeared normal. When I read my last post on General Forum under Making friends outside of your own social and educational level, the black diamonds are there and are there for Jerezano and Jenifer’s posts. Georgia’s and bournemouth's posts appear normal….

(This post was edited by Oscar2 on Apr 4, 2008, 11:50 AM)

Rolly

Apr 4, 2008, 1:03 PM

Post #4 of 4 (17210 views)

Shortcut

All those posta appear normal to me. Perhaps your browser has developed a hitch in it's get-along.

Rolly Pirate

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4