Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Technical Mexico

travisdyer

Mar 7, 2008, 3:31 PM

Post #1 of 3 (3396 views)

Shortcut

Apple Iphones

Can't Post | Private Reply
Has anyone successfully activated and currently using an unlocked Iphone? I want to bring one down and activate it with a Mexican cell provider. If so, which provider offers the best value and reliability?

johanson / Moderator

Mar 7, 2008, 4:31 PM

Post #2 of 3 (3385 views)

Shortcut

Re: [travisdyer] Apple Iphones

I know 3 folks here in Ajijic who have Iphones. They all use Telcel. Is it the best carrier? They think so. But I guess it depends upon where you are.

hunteradvisor

Mar 14, 2008, 4:49 AM

Post #3 of 3 (3339 views)

Shortcut

Re: [travisdyer] Apple Iphones

my husband has an IPhone and we are with Cingular AT&T in the US. When we are in Mexico his phone automatically picks up TelCel, however the emails and other data transmit (sort of) through Edge. Having reviewed our last couple of months of phone bills.....and nearly having a heartattack, we purchased a cell phone just for use when we are in country. We can receive calls for free and we purchase minutes for all outgoing. He will still use the Iph and I use my blackberry for email access as we pay a flat fee for International data. I will say for the remote area in which we live my Blackberry has been superior in email and ph reception. Where I can just climb the large hill behind our casita to get access he has to climb the hill and a tree. Hope that helps?
Isabel
www.RanchoSolyMar.com

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4