Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum

Bloviator

Mar 5, 2008, 5:51 AM

Post #1 of 25 (5415 views)

Shortcut

Two Views of Mexico

| Private Reply
There seem to be two points of view about Mexico - and probably lots of variations of each.

Some people seem to love Mexico and think that everything Mexican is wonderful and above reproach and must never be questioned.

The government is as Mexicans want it and should not be criticized - After all, we are guests and no one asked us to come here. The people are part of happy, loving families and the poverty of the lives of the poor is noble. Wealthy Mexicans are cultured and refined and either have no responsibility for their fellow Mexicans, or take responsibility and provide well for them as patrones. The roads are just fine. The justice system provides appropriate justice for Mexicans (Gringos may want to be careful to stay out of the system, but it was not designed for them anyway) who get involved in legal disputes or problems. The environment is just fine. Field burning, using lakes, rivers and roadsides for trash disposal are part of the culture and should not be criticized. Everyone who comes here must learn Spanish and must involved him/herself in the culture. They must love the cohetes, the various celebrations that go on constantly, and the work ethic and skill of Mexican labor. Mexicans love their animals.

At the extreme, these people in my opinion are deluded. On the other hand, many have a great deal to offer us in regard to understanding and appreciation of our adopted home - Mexico.

The point of view of others involves love or hate (or neither) of Mexico. They live here for many reasons. For the culture, for the weather, and for economic reasons and see Mexico as perhaps a bit flawed.

The government needs some improvement, corruption, inefficiency, and other problems keep Mexico from progressing as it should based on resources and population. Some families are loving and some aren't. Some men treat their wives with respect and some treat them as chattel. The children are catered to , perhaps to the point of being out of control. Old people are honored, or sometimes abandoned to poverty. Social Security in many cases consists of a begger's cup or some gum or a Telcel card to sell on the street corner. Wealthy Mexicans are cultured, but siphon the wealth of the nation to cater to that culture and part of the culture is contempt for poor Mexicans and for foreigners (We live here because we can't make it in the US). In many cases, but by no means all, they have abandoned their nation's poor, feel no responsibility to improve the economy, and use their wealth to acquire more wealth at the expense of the poor. Some of the roads are excellent. Some are narrow, of poor quality, and often dangerous. The justice system often does not provide justice, but is skewed to those with influence and is subject to corruption. The Napoleonic system often seems to work to the detriment of justice and the whole justice system needs some reformation. Gringos very much need to avoid the system. Many do not feel that they can get real justice if they get involved with it. The environment is in many cases sadly damaged. Many rivers and lakes are polluted. Trash dumps are often found along the roadsides. The air quality is often very poor. Infrastructure in most cities is teetering on the edge of gridlock and being overpowered by age and population. People who come here will benefit greatly from learning Spanish. However, those who choose to live in gringo ghettos and make little effort to learn the language and culture are free to do so. The various celebrations are a mixed bag. They are part of what makes the culture so interesting and they seem to enrich the lives of the Mexican people. On the other hand, they often keep Mexican families in poverty, with economic resources going into cerveza, music, ceremonial clothing, etc. The work ethic of the Mexican worker varies from excellent to indolent - just like that NoB. The methods of work are appropriate for Mexico, hold Mexico back economically, or both.

At the extreme, in my opinion some of these people are xenophobic and racist.

On the whole, however, many see Mexico as it is, warts and all without romanticizing it. They may love it or not, but they are realistic and see the promise of Mexico and the problems that must be faced for it to reach its destiny (whatever that may be) and for us to live here in peace and comfort.

I suspect that the above will arouse some to a frenzy and other to some agreement. It is posted from the point of view of one who enjoys living in Mexico, but sees that it is flawed - as much as the US, but in different ways. Canada, of course, is perfect.

(This post was edited by Bloviator on Mar 5, 2008, 6:44 AM)

raferguson

Mar 5, 2008, 7:58 AM

Post #2 of 25 (5377 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Bloviator] Two Views of Mexico

| Private Reply
Obviously both views you present are somewhat of a caricature.

That said, I generally come out on the more mixed view of Mexico. Sometimes I say that I see Mexico's problems too clearly. I would argue that some residents of Mexico, especially those who don't speak Spanish, see Mexico through rose colored glasses.

Before 1994, I probably was closer to the view that "everything Mexican is wonderful". In 1992 and 1993, the economy was doing well, Mexico was progressing, the future looked bright. But the events of 1994 were very sobering and ultimately discouraging. To watch on TV the Zapatista uprising in Chiapas, including places that we recognized because we had visited Chiapas the year before, was a big shock. The peso had dropped dramatically. The other thing that I remember from 1994 was a Mexican TV public service commercial that tried to cheer up the population by telling them something like "Times are bad, we will get through this, we are tough, we have seen bad times before, we are Mexicans." It was appalling to imagine that the Mexican people were so discouraged that a public service message like that would be broadcast.

Ultimately the problems that we saw and still see affected our decision not to retire in Mexico, as much as we like the country. We still travel extensively in Mexico. The old saying may apply, at least from our perspective, "A nice place to visit but I would not want to live there."

I would note that millions of Mexicans are voting with their feet, risking their lives to find better opportunities elsewhere.

I won't comment on Canada, other than to say that many more Canadians immigrate to the USA than in the other direction. ;-)

Richard

http://www.fergusonsculpture.com

Bloviator

Mar 5, 2008, 9:39 AM

Post #3 of 25 (5361 views)

Shortcut

Re: [raferguson] Two Views of Mexico

| Private Reply
Obviously both views you present are somewhat of a caricature.

I'd say you are right. I started to preface the posting with some such comment, but decided not too. I think I would refer to my comments as gross generalizations.

Your comments are more serious and true to life. I appreciate them.

robrt8

Mar 5, 2008, 9:12 PM

Post #4 of 25 (5304 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
You're living up to your name with this thread, Blov.
This is interesting, but you're wildly generalizing here.
How do I explain my feelings about Mexico in terms of your two sides?

Bloviator

Mar 6, 2008, 6:26 AM

Post #5 of 25 (5266 views)

Shortcut

Re: [robrt8] Two Views of Mexico

| Private Reply
Please refer to my response to referguson above. You are both correct, but being specific would be difficult. Each generalization could easily be a topic unto itself. No one can do justice to reality without a lot of nuance that is not included in my posting. I'm only trying to present some ideas that I hope get people thinking.

Incidently, why do you think I changed my name to Bloviator. I wanted it to be an accurate reflection of my postings.

(This post was edited by Bloviator on Mar 6, 2008, 6:43 AM)

Oscar2

Mar 6, 2008, 9:28 AM

Post #6 of 25 (5235 views)

Shortcut

Re: [robrt8] Two Views of Mexico

| Private Reply
Opinions illicit other opinions, which is, still another opinion. At times some opinions can fringe on madness, trying to disguise itself as intelligent conversation. If you can silently listen without your own mind chatter getting into the way, sometimes you can read between the lines of the one whose posture and outcry’s stem from conjured illusions, which at times are unconsciously designed to futilely strengthen a diminished and dysfunctional ego.

Word-pictures, labels, and tags can and are at times so limiting that they can cause an unconscious disservice not only to ones self, but others as well. It at times, very clearly sounds like someone’s unharnessed head noise speaking aloud. Rather then what is said being conversation, it is grievances born from stories and little me’s charged with resentment seeking egoic restoration through an “incessant” need for external validation.

Mexico is what it is and what you want it to be. In any given situation, if it’s not working for you, there are 3 choices that can be made:

1. Try to change your situation.

2. If you cannot change it and your need to stay is important, then surrender/accept it whole heartedly and enjoy your life and accepted choices.

3. If the first two, do not work for you, leave/move on, life elsewhere is available.

It may sound a bit cliché, but true, wherever you go, there you are......

(This post was edited by Oscar2 on Mar 6, 2008, 11:23 AM)

Bloviator

Mar 6, 2008, 9:46 AM

Post #7 of 25 (5223 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Oscar2] Two Views of Mexico

| Private Reply
I'm not sure I understand your posting, but I do think you are suggesting that my ideas are soul searching. My original posting was not soul searching, just an attempt to bring out some thoughts. It was based on some ideas brought out by a previous posting.

I hope you are not saying my opinions and thoughts are madness. If you are doing so, I hope you are wrong, but who knows?

Oscar2

Mar 6, 2008, 10:26 AM

Post #8 of 25 (5211 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
This has nothing to do with “soul.” However, since you asked, it has more to do with mind based egoic thought, thinking if you will. It’s interesting and sometimes a shift can take place. Rather than taking up this forums time discussing it, a PM will be sent to you soon.

Gringal

Mar 6, 2008, 10:32 AM

Post #9 of 25 (5208 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
"Opinions illicit other opinions, which is, still another opinion. At times some opinions can fringe on madness, trying to disguise itself as intelligent conversation. If you can silently listen without your own mind chatter getting into the way, sometimes you can read between the lines of the one whose posture and outcry’s stem from conjured illusions, which at times are unconsciously designed to futilely strengthen a diminished and dysfunctional ego. "

Bloviator: After reading that statement more than once, I can only conclude that you have been undeservedly insulted.

I read your post as an attempt to delineate some differences people percieve without writing a 400 page book on the subject. There are many variations on those themes, but yes, some people learn to fit into this culture comfortably and some never get over the lack of what they had NOB. Keep on bloviating. I particularly enjoy your clarity of expression.

Bloviator

Mar 6, 2008, 11:06 AM

Post #10 of 25 (5194 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gringal] Two Views of Mexico

| Private Reply
Gringal. Thanks for your support, but I know that you have an ulterior motive and want me to help you with nationalizing your 1998 Toyota if I every wade through the bureaucracy and get my Merc legalized.

Oscar, this is an egoistic mind meld. Ignore it. I'm showing my appreciation to Gringal, letting her know that I am prepared to help her with the Toyota if I can, and providing madness for the rest of the forum.

Perhaps my free wheeling, bloviating, personal style is not appropriate for this forum, which seems to me to have become somewhat stodgy and to have lost a lot of posters.

If that is the case, I will figure it out eventually and quit posting. In the meantime, Oscar and others who agree with him will just have to grin and bear it or send me nasty PMs. Remember, no one has to read my postings.

Glenn

Mar 6, 2008, 12:47 PM

Post #11 of 25 (5179 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Bloviator
We look very forward to your postings. I feel they are honest and thought provoking. What is Oscar 2's problem?

Bethie

Mar 6, 2008, 2:05 PM

Post #12 of 25 (5156 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Glen & Debra] Two Views of Mexico

| Private Reply
I enjoy reading all posts, espcially the one's that may hit a nerve or make me think. Anything that helps clear the cob webs out of the space between my ears is a good thing. When soemone writes what they feel inside, or thinks or observes, they are putting a piece of themselves out there, and this is not always an easy thing to do.
Bethie

bournemouth

Mar 6, 2008, 2:31 PM

Post #13 of 25 (5146 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Keep going Bloviator - I, for one, enjoy your posts and can work out where you are coming from. I cannot say that about all posters here.

jerezano

Mar 7, 2008, 6:52 AM

Post #14 of 25 (5067 views)

Shortcut

Re: [bournemouth] Two Views of Mexico/Good subject

| Private Reply
Hello all,

Bloviator has done something in his original posting which I often do with my students and my "filósofo" friends.

I pose two extremes of a continuum and then we discuss all the intermediate positions with all their ramifications.

Exactly what Bloviator has done with his "Two Views of México". Obviously there are many more views. Nor did Bloviator indicate at any time what his own position (or opinion) is. Why should he? He is only posing a question for discussion, and he has generated that discussion and made us all think.

Good work. An interesting discussion if we can keep our minds clear of our own predjudices.

Interestingly enough, I have had the same discussion with many of my Mexican friends. I have encountered a whole range of opinions and many of them, in fact all of them, have concluded that yes, México is changing, and after much thought many of them have concluded those changes are for the better.

This thread shows much the same conclusions from foreigners who have lived in México for some time. After the "culture shock" wears away and one can look at México with a little detachment s/he can see clearly both the beauty and the warts. That is reality. That is what we are after here on mexconnect.com.

¡Qué Dios les bendiga!

Adiós. jerezano

(This post was edited by jerezano on Mar 7, 2008, 6:52 AM)

Georgia

Mar 7, 2008, 7:27 AM

Post #15 of 25 (5062 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
As you suggest, there are many views that fill these ends of the spectrum. I think, as you do, that people often romanticize Mexico, especially those who don't entirely understand the language. Just as everywhere else in the world, Mexcians are polite or rude, good family people or not, good money managers or not, neat and tidy or messy and careless with their surroundings. The government is often corrupt - news flash: what government isn't??? Sometimes it is open and honest. Just as some others occasionally are. Always a surprise when that happens. And so on ....

What I can say that Mexico is: diverse. That diversity is what I love about it. I can walk into a shopping area anywhere in the US and it is the same as every other shopping area. Not Mexico. Different villages have different extraordinary crafts and the government supports this diversity and the arts. I don't see this same kind of support in the US. It is what gives Mexico its unique flavor and is certainly a boost for tourism, a major industry here.

The only thing I really miss here, as compared to other places I have lived, is shoulders on the roads.

Bloviator

Mar 7, 2008, 10:29 AM

Post #16 of 25 (5024 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jerezano] Two Views of Mexico/Good subject

| Private Reply
A few months ago I initiated a topic - which I think was Changes in Mexico - designed to illuminate what changes are taking place and how they are changing Mexico. I was a little disappointed in the response, but did get a few nice thoughts and comments. Maybe I'll resurrect it and see if it will fly now.

Bloviator

Mar 7, 2008, 6:02 PM

Post #17 of 25 (4974 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Georgia] Two Views of Mexico

| Private Reply
What I can say that Mexico is: diverse. That diversity is what I love about it. I can walk into a shopping area anywhere in the US and it is the same as every other shopping area.

Absolutely true. Starbucks is coming, Wallmart and Costco are here, Oxxo and 7/11 are on the march, but on the whole, if one goes into the centro of any Mexican city, it will be different than any other city. That is both good and bad. When I go into a centro, I do so with great expectations. Sometimes I'm totally disappointed and the whole area is noisy, smoky, has no character, and is a real disappointment. Other times it is a true joy. I love Pueblo, Mazatlan (the centro at least), Gueretero, and parts of Manzanillo. The same happens in small towns. Lagos de Moreno, Sayula, Comola, Taxco, Patzcuaro, and my alltime favorite Colima (a bit larger) are a true joy all require return visits ASAP. Others I won't name (probably the favorites of some of you) are real armpits.

Oscar2

Mar 10, 2008, 12:39 PM

Post #18 of 25 (4901 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Just returned from a wonderful relaxing weekend at one of our favorite resorts and noticed the Two Views of Mexico thread has kind of gone by the wayside and with good cause in my estimation. Unfortunately, the badmouthing/writings of Mexico remains in perpetuity without strong opposition for the benefit of Newbie’s who come on board too MC. Since we are all part of this community, I feel a positive welcome wagon without “personal” agendas or pathological tirades early on is a bit more inviting.

The new thread by Blov, Changing Mexico, comparatively is like day and night. Of which I enjoyed and encourage more the type of participation enjoined.

So, since someone earlier on “this thread,” very politely asked, “Oscar2, what is your problem.” In all fairness and since I’m back in the sandbox, let’s play a bit.

This thread is not a problem, why because these are only words whose tag limitations are so old and arcane it’s language can’t even come close to “truly” describing life’s ongoing sensitivities. Many have and continue to say true awareness has always been beyond words which can only be felt while present and listening through the stillness of sheer silence without words which equal thought and deliberately conceal real presence behind its shadows. Ops, I digress, a subject for another time. While words churn - let’s see what they have to say.

The following rant is supposed to be based on balance with the good/upside of Mexico, Mexicans and its culture first, not…. It’s the archaic stand them up and chop their knees off, tactic still used by politicians, editors and the like for a variety of reasons. Please tune in on the highlighted following negative buzzwords.

Boviator wrote:
Some people seem to love Mexico and think that everything Mexican is wonderful and “above reproach” and “must never be questioned.”

The government is as Mexicans want it and should not be criticized - After all, we are guests and no one asked us to come here. The people are part of happy, loving families and the poverty of the lives of the poor is noble. Wealthy Mexicans are cultured and refined and either have no responsibility for their fellow Mexicans, or take responsibility and provide well for them as patrones. The roads are just fine. The justice system provides appropriate justice for Mexicans (Gringos may want to be careful to “stay out” of the system, but it was not designed for them anyway) who get involved in legal disputes or problems. The environment is just fine. Field burning, using lakes, rivers and roadsides for trash disposal are part of the culture and “should not be criticized.” Everyonemust learn Spanish and must involved him/herself in the culture. They must love the cohetes, the various celebrations that go on constantly, and the work ethic and skill of Mexican labor. Mexicans love their animals.

The following is also supposed to be part of the positive balanced upside of Blov’s Mexican take:

At the extreme, these people in my opinion are deluded.” On the other hand, many have a great deal to offer us in regard to understanding and appreciation of our adopted home - Mexico.

Since attention was unfairly focused especially on Mexicans, and their plight, Blov’s opening paragraph on Mexico was supposedly to first show the positive side of its nature. In this observers opinion (highlighted above in bold and blood red) the pendulum swung in the opposite direction. Why - because in my view it’s intentionally strewn with negative innuendo, as well as, bits and pieces of undermining, negative subliminal injection of Blov’s personal biases, to say the “very” least.

Yes, I know, I know, Blov’s a real nice guy and as sweet as saccharine. He keeps the ol’folks entertained feverishly spewing at a ominous collective rate, from other islands, as well, about or over 3000 dubious posts per minute and uses his keyboard as a pillow…. Laugh

None the less, this does not buy a license to scathe the Mexicans and their culture on MC and unfairly and potentially discourage/scare away newbie’s who have and honest, deep desire to come to Mexico on their own terms, rather than taking for granted Blov’s pathological, unopposed biased squirm as the accepted standard and/or opinion.

Yes, we’ve all heard it, time and time again, within the 3000 or so posts, “l REALLY, REALLY LOVE MEXICO, plus, IF I SAID SOMETHING TO OFFEND YOU I SINCERELY APPOLLOGIZE, not. When placating and platitudes become routine, lookout, this is political rhetoric to make more space for questionably motivated addenda’s, some of which unfortunately are pure aggrandizement. Once placated, practically in the same breath, as in this thread, derogation of Mexico continues between gratuitous, entertaining crowd-pleasing handy hints on how to navigate Mexico. I grant you, with his writing skills, baring ominous motives; he can be an asset somewhere. I get the feeling he misses his grammar school classes.

Personally as a member of MC, with equal opinion rights, (minus arrogantly trashing a whole country) I will oppose sophistic, “perilous,” unfair, and unqualified attacks on a people who I and many others regard more favorably. Being glib, long winded, with a neurotic 3000 posts under the belt, this can and may intimidate opposition from the less capable, timid and/or the more silent ones.

But rest assured there are other motor mouths, of coarse yours truly excluded, that will claim foul when unnecessary, unfair, ruthless blood letting occurs, as earmarked in red in the above aforementioned which potentially goes to the heart of unsuspecting newbies looking to Mexico as a place to visit and/or reside.

If you wish to scathe Mexico, balance it with available blood curdling, statistics from your/our own US of A, provided below. If you want to scream, moan, bitch and groan like the cry babies of the litigious society us northerners have been weaned to be, and focus this phobia on Mexico, as hard as it maybe, please balance and include statistical difference in your rant. Those comparative statistics will clearly make Mexico a safe, more desirable, affordable haven for many who could (if they had the pelotas to do so) stand up as proof it does happen without comforting the whining snivelers of the litigious north.

Now since we’re being long winded lets get into the best of this unbalanced Gatling gun massacre where the ruthlessly slaughtered are strewn on the street curbs of Mexico. Of coarse some groupies and obsequious sycophants of similar bent who poses this same incessant posting neuroses, of course support and, cheer it on, out of sheer madness and/or its entertainment value.

The alternative, due in part too a stifled, tired imagination, stagnating and withering away while hugging for dear life, their worn-out keyboard pillows is more like down-home comfort. Well on second thought, since nothing else can physically move them anymore, atrophy seems a better choice then too much fresh air. Or perhaps tanning in the sunshine on a lovely Mexican day until they drop dead, but good heavens, without not being noticed daily without my handy keyboard tucked in my armpit, why, why, how can someone even suggest such a calamity. Again, please excuse, I digress.

If there was a semblance of empathy for their new adopted country, its hidden in the crevasses and deep ravens of expats faces ………..not to be found, unless, the heart speaks of why they came and does the affordable life style meet their dreams of comfort where elsewhere, it would not have been as comfortable, or even in the cards.

Bloviator wrote:

The government needs some improvement, corruption, inefficiency, and other problems keep Mexico from progressing as it should based on resources and population. Some families are loving and some aren't. Some men treat their wives with respect and some treat them as chattel. The children are catered to , perhaps to the point of being out of control. Old people are honored, or sometimes abandoned to poverty. Social Security in many cases consists of a begger's cup or some gum or a Telcel card to sell on the street corner. Wealthy Mexicans are cultured, but siphon the wealth of the nation to cater to that culture and part of the culture is contempt for poor Mexicans and for foreigners (We live here because we can't make it in the US). In many cases, but by no means all, they have abandoned their nation's poor, feel no responsibility to improve the economy, and use their wealth to acquire more wealth at the expense of the poor. Some of the roads are excellent. Some are narrow, of poor quality, and often dangerous. The justice system often does not provide justice, but is skewed to those with influence and is subject to corruption. The Napoleonic system often seems to work to the detriment of justice and the whole justice system needs some reformation. Gringos very much need to avoid the system. Many do not feel that they can get real justice if they get involved with it. The environment is in many cases sadly damaged. Many rivers and lakes are polluted. Trash dumps are often found along the roadsides. The air quality is often very poor. Infrastructure in most cities is teetering on the edge of gridlock and being overpowered by age and population. People who come here will benefit greatly from learning Spanish. However, those who choose to live in gringo ghettos and make little effort to learn the language and culture are free to do so. The various celebrations are a mixed bag. They are part of what makes the culture so interesting and they seem to enrich the lives of the Mexican people. On the other hand, they often keep Mexican families in poverty, with economic resources going into cerveza, music, ceremonial clothing, etc. The work ethic of the Mexican worker varies from excellent to indolent - just like that NoB. The methods of work are appropriate for Mexico, hold Mexico back economically, or both.

In my opinion, the following line was somewhat written by mistake because as he was looking in the mirror of life, an epiphany hit him straight between the eyes and what was really seen was a reflected projection of what Blov intrinsically feels about “himself” between the lines of his so called unbiased treaties.

“At the extreme, in my opinion some of these people are xenophobic and racist.”

Clearly, based on these ongoing rants, self-denial and beyond the “I love Mexico and apologies strewn all over the place, that which is not said, but felt directly or between the spaces of each of Blov’s musings, is a blaring, seemingly underlying desire to leave Mexico.

In addition, it has become unavoidable that we know why. Perhaps it would be best to call it adieu, fest up and join his great grandchildren, as he openly admits, someone closer to him has fervently suggested. A quiet exit plan can take place without further lamenting and without trying to dismantle Mexico in the process and take its inhabitants with him, according to this and other rants.

Most of us like to be loved, egos demand it but sometimes ego’s appetites can be devouring. Please keep in mind that the mind and “word-picture thought” create and work in tandem with the ego. It makes you write word after word of thought, as I am doing this instant, the trick is being aware that you are aware of this happening, like a witness to its madness. Eventually one gets a bit more grounded and a little more peace starts seeping into it with greater presence. I digress, but like all else, it too shall pass.

Now for the newly adopted DISCLAIMER I picked up from someone you may be familiar with….

If you don’t agree with me or Blov you will just have to grin and bear it or send me nasty PMs. Remember, no one has to read my postings. …….and they’re coming to take me away aha…….

Footnote: In the new thread Changing Cities, again, I must commend the resilient nature of our resident x-school teacher for his writing skills and researched information. Motivation is something compelling in human nature and that which moves us toward being seen more often then not, is also something being “aware” of is so important.

We had a banker once before with such great potential as a writer of thought which I miss. His thoughts were poignant, edgy and very entertaining but unfortunately like most egoic mind-based thought, thinking at times can be very unfriendly to others and oneself ….. I truly miss Bubba.

America the beautiful:

http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/uscrime.htm

bournemouth

Mar 10, 2008, 12:48 PM

Post #19 of 25 (4894 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Oscar - lawks a mercy, you do ramble on. It's not a book you are writing, just a reply on a thread.

Oscar2

Mar 10, 2008, 1:09 PM

Post #20 of 25 (4890 views)

Shortcut

Re: [bournemouth] Two Views of Mexico

| Private Reply
I know, I know, try and look at it as my once and while post which equals a couple of days of your daily (but yet helpful) year around ongoing posts on other islands as well, favorably, if you possibly can bournemouth.......Enjoy!

Bloviator

Mar 10, 2008, 1:41 PM

Post #21 of 25 (4880 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Oscar - You seem to have completely missed the point of what I was trying to say. Since others got the point, I suspect it is your reading skills.

I'm not in a mood to deal with you today and tomorrow doesn't look too good either.

I'm busy trying to get my one car released from some unknown location near Tecate and the other nationalized in case I can't find it or get it released.

(This post was edited by Bloviator on Mar 10, 2008, 2:04 PM)

Oscar2

Mar 10, 2008, 3:55 PM

Post #22 of 25 (4850 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply

Oscar - You seem to have completely missed the point of what I was trying to say. Since others got the point, I suspect it is your reading skills.

Blov, I heard what you were saying on this particular thread, but much more, I also listened to so much more between the silent spaces of a conditioned mind requiring absolute agreement/validation to maintain a deep rooted, diminishing sense of self.

Your last thread was good (Changing Cities) and appreciated but the one in question was read by the same sense of awareness and the end result was a bit different then others you enjoy referencing. In other words, it is, what it is. To publically try and make yourself right means someone has to be wrong.

It never ends when one is this hungry. Its tireless need for more will remain ceaseless because if need be, the ego will go as far as drawing that fatal line in the sand and avow death should anyone dare to cross it. Over 150 million were murdered, in all the wars on this planet in the 20th century, due to a dysfunctional ego daring someone to cross the line.

Personally, I’d rather do without it because it is dysfunctional, old, unnecessary, too self-serving and the stillness of silence is much more appealing. Perhaps a few others in this community are up too it and will vie for this kind of stuff. Go ahead ol’man, take the reins and perhaps one day you’ll find the kind of recognition something gnawingly inside says you need.

Blov, take your time and get your own things in order, your life and perch will still be here until they pound that last nail.

Buenas Suerte

(This post was edited by Oscar2 on Mar 10, 2008, 4:12 PM)

Jerry@Ajijic

Mar 11, 2008, 8:07 AM

Post #23 of 25 (4780 views)

Shortcut

Re: [raferguson] Two Views of Mexico

| Private Reply
Richard, you might mention that the dollar is dropping like a lead balloon and our president is on the news almost every day saying some form of "I may have screwed up the US economy, etc" but everything is fine. There will be no recession.

jerezano

Mar 11, 2008, 8:22 AM

Post #24 of 25 (4776 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Jerry@Ajijic] Two Views of Mexico

| Private Reply
Hello all,

Moderator. Help! Is it possible to consider locking this thread? Seems to me that some of our posters are misreading ulterior psychological motivations and opinions into other posts which are simply posing questions and examples for discussion. It started out as a good discussion, but has now accomplished its purpose.

It is now getting out-of-hand.

Sincerely. jerezano.

tonyburton

Mar 11, 2008, 8:45 AM

Post #25 of 25 (4769 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jerezano] Two Views of Mexico

| Private Reply
Thread is being locked, mainly because it's getting too long for me to read easily...
Feel free to start up a related thread for further discussion of views of Mexico, Tony.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4