Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Southern Mexico

jhyoungco

Feb 20, 2008, 6:46 AM

Post #1 of 8 (10543 views)

Shortcut

Playa del Carmen Insurance agencies

Can't Post | Private Reply
My wife and I have decided to drop our stateside insurance and look for health and auto insurance from a local agency and are hoping that we could find recommendations for English speaking agents in the Playa del Carmen area that someone may have experience with.
Thanks

Jim in Cancun / Moderator

Feb 20, 2008, 11:37 AM

Post #2 of 8 (10528 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jhyoungco] Playa del Carmen Insurance agencies

First let me start by saying I don't know of any insurance agents or agencies in Playa del CArmen so you can stop here if you don't want to listen to the rest!!

I have lived here for over 20 years now and have not found a single agent or policy or company for any kind of insurance that doesn't charge too much, deliver nothing and then want to raise the fees. If anyone has ever found anything that works please let us all know.

The problem is that having insurance is just not a tradition down here--not for individuals and not for businesses and so it is a haphazard operation. IMHO.

heff

Feb 20, 2008, 6:48 PM

Post #3 of 8 (10516 views)

Shortcut

jhyoungco,
We have used Gabriel Paredes for our homeowners insurance for several years. His main office is in Cancun but he has an office on the Carretera (307) in Playa. We deal with his daughter Angie who works in the agency and both she and her Father speak excellent english and will e-mail you with info. We have never had a claim but the policy is with ING and they are claimed to be one of the better companies to have a coverage with. Our auto insurance is through Lewis and Lewis out of Calif and, again, we have never had a claim.
Good luck, Heff

roni_smith

Mar 1, 2008, 6:47 AM

Post #4 of 8 (10461 views)

Shortcut

intheroo.com forums have a locals boards where the insurance issue has received voluminous discussion of insurance in Playa del Carmen.
------
Planning for Mexico Move Blog

jasondean

Jul 21, 2011, 2:07 PM

Post #5 of 8 (8822 views)

Shortcut

Check out IOA for your insurance. I have been with them for years and would never go to another company. They do an excellent job and have competitive rates.

playaboy

Jul 25, 2011, 6:09 AM

Post #6 of 8 (8750 views)

Shortcut

I have a very good agent out of Cancun but works all of the Riviera Maya. He has a great medical policy. I pay 14,000 a year for full coverage. That would be a months premium in the States. It even covers me when I am in the USA.

Personally I haven't had to use it but some of my friends have. The insurance company paid in full and very quickly.

Here is his information.

Jorge Valladares Martínez
Asesor en Seguros
Tel: (998) 887 65 16
Cel: (044) 998 845 53 01
e-mail:jorge@grupo1seguros.com

skier14

Jul 25, 2011, 3:52 PM

Post #7 of 8 (8724 views)

Shortcut

Re: [playaboy] Playa del Carmen Insurance agencies

Question!! The 14,000: Dollars or pesos?

playaboy

Jul 26, 2011, 5:58 AM

Post #8 of 8 (8699 views)

Shortcut

Re: [skier14] Playa del Carmen Insurance agencies

Pesos, amigo

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4