Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

Jerry@Ajijic

Feb 4, 2008, 9:13 PM

Post #1 of 8 (12607 views)

Shortcut

Golden Retriever puppy

Can't Post | Private Reply
Our golden retriever died in December of liver cancer and we really want to get a golden puppy. If anyone knows of someone that has or will be having a 6 to 8 week old registered golden for sale could you please ask them to call Susan & Jerry Eubanks at 376 766 2698. Thanks

cookj5

Jun 18, 2008, 3:37 PM

Post #2 of 8 (12522 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Jerry@Ajijic] Golden Retriever puppy

The animal shelters are filled with wonderful dogs pining for a good home. Surely some of them are goldens, even if not purebread or registered. The "mutts" tend to be healthier than purebreads anyway. Please think about it.

Georgia

Jun 20, 2008, 7:42 AM

Post #3 of 8 (12468 views)

Shortcut

Re: [cookj5] Golden Retriever puppy

Cookj5, this is something you need to understand about Golden Retriever owners: once you've had one, they are the ONLY dog you will ever have again. I have had five, and as far as my feelings are concerned, all the rest of those four legged furry wonders are not real dogs ... unless they are Newfoundlands or St. Bernards. But I think those breeds might find the climate a bit dreary here for them: no snow to roll around in.

In any event, in EL INFORMADOR there are always listings for private breeders who breed Mexican Kennel Club goldens. They are registered and tatooed or have an id implant. The breed standards are not identical here to the ones in the US, but very close.

gbatrucks

Jun 20, 2008, 11:19 AM

Post #4 of 8 (12445 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Georgia] Golden Retriever puppy

OK Georgia...I'm gonna' Ike & Tine what you said! Better watch your ankles around the coffee shop!
"The trouble with life is there's no background music."

gbatrucks

Jun 20, 2008, 11:35 AM

Post #5 of 8 (12438 views)

Shortcut

Try Google...When we were looking for a companion for our German Shepard Tina, I checked there & noticed quite a lot of breeders in the Guad area..not sure about Goldens, but you can try.

Jerry@Ajijic

Jun 20, 2008, 12:51 PM

Post #6 of 8 (12427 views)

Shortcut

Re: [gbatrucks] Golden Retriever puppy

Thank you for your replies. We found a puppy in GDL and bought her. Now if we can just keep up with her. She is a bundle of energy.

gbatrucks

Jun 20, 2008, 5:06 PM

Post #7 of 8 (12410 views)

Shortcut

That's why we don't have those loveable goldens...you don't own them....like cats, they own YOU!

Georgia

Jun 21, 2008, 7:34 PM

Post #8 of 8 (12374 views)

Shortcut

Hooray! Make sure she has lots of things to chew on other than your shoes and furniture, or your kitchen cabinets.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4