Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Learning Spanish

Glenn

Jan 29, 2008, 12:29 PM

Post #1 of 4 (8632 views)

Shortcut

learning Spanish

Can't Post | Private Reply
Have any of you on the forum learned workable Spanish (enough to get by when you first move there) in the form of software? There are so many different Spanish lessons to chose from that I cannot decide which would work best. All opinions will be very appreciated.

normamc288

Jan 29, 2008, 1:52 PM

Post #2 of 4 (8613 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Glen & Debra] learning Spanish

Well, I did try Rosetta stone and from reading forums found I was doing it all wrong. OOps. I do plan to try again since people give it 4 stars. Maybe check the 1/2 Price bookstore.

I get along fine but really want to do better than fine. I learned the verbs and a number of other words and then just stepped out. The Mexicans have a good laugh at my Spanish but they love that I try. I move down the first of March to La Pesca and hope to get into an immersion program which I fear but know it would be best. Norma

judithnpups

Jan 29, 2008, 9:08 PM

Post #3 of 4 (8587 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Glen & Debra] learning Spanish

Shortcut to Spanish (shortcuttospanish.com) and Synergy Spanish (synergyspanish.com) both offer a free on-line trial period. I'm a former Spanish teacher and liked what I heard when a friend was working on her lessons. The courses may be best-suited to auditory learners. There is no risk to try the first few lessons for free, so you may want to have a look at them.
Judith in the DF (formerly in Morelia)

Glenn

Jan 30, 2008, 5:32 AM

Post #4 of 4 (8568 views)

Shortcut

Re: [judithnpups] learning Spanish

Thanks. I will look into these and try the free trials. I have had Rosetta Stone and did not care for it. Learned words but nothing to put together for a simple conversation. But I only had the 1st course. Maybe it gets better with 2 and 3. Does anyone know? Debra

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4